Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Decision time. Winter set up or not. If u have 2 vehicles, one being a rwd - post up

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

View Poll Results: You get snow often. You have a rwd 3er and another vehicle.
My rwd 3er hibernates (summer tires) for most of the winter 0 0%
My rwd 3er always gets a proper winter set up & 1/2 of my winter miles 1 20.00%
My rwd 3er always gets a proper winter set up & most of my winter miles 4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

10-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Ryebread
Diesel Fitter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d m-sport LMB

Garage List
Decision time. Winter set up or not. If u have 2 vehicles, one being a rwd - post up

If you have an xi it's a no brainer, put on winters and enjoy OR keep your no-seasons on and get by. But most of us don't have an xi, I want to hear from you. If....

1. you live in an area that gets snow like I do here in Philly.... 50-85" white stuff per winter.

and

2. you have 2 vehicles... one of which is a rwd car......

Do you always put a "winter set up" on your rwd 3er.
or
the 3er hibernates for most of the winter, aside from that rare nice day.

I am having difficulty pulling the trigger on a winter set up. My 2nd vehicle is a 2008 Jeep Wrangler with hard top. It's geared well 4:10s & 32"s, so it's not a bad dd at all. Cruise, power everything.

I would like to drive the 3er once in a while. We pay a lot for these cars, not to sit in the garage. But we take care of them as well. Past few years, we can get 1-5" snow at any time. And we often get 8-20" resulting in giant mounds of snow constantly melting and refreezing at night.

Do I want my rwd car out there, msport lip, all that trq?

Last edited by Ryebread; 10-20-2011 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
dicostal
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

My wife has an SUV, that said I have snow tires and the winters are no problem for me. During the week, I always have to drive my car to work. about 60 miles round trip. Never got stuck in snow and i am in CT.

But if i had the option as you, I would probably not drive it as much.
Appreciate 0