E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PWM install help on REV3 Harness?

12-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
Baracus135i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Decided to install my PWM kit today but have encountered a couple of issues. Unfortunately the guys from Vishnu are only back on the 3rd of Jan so would really appreciate any help on this?

Have got the latest Rev3 harness. The first problem I had was that the new harness does not seem to have a matching small black connector (supplying power and ground to meth flow sensor) as per below?

Do I perhaps plug this into the bigger black connector in the harness as per the picture below? Also how do I now connect the 2 black wires from the PWM wiring? The "How to enable Rev3 Dedicated PWM" file in the latest 11-25 files says "Step 2: Now the two wires (one male terminated and one female terminated) will be remaining. The male terminated wire goes to the methanol injection valve. The female terminated comes from the methanol flow sensor. Simply route these wires to the appropriate pin in the Procede harness as described below..." How do I route these as they will not fit into the bigger black connector, does this mean I now need to cut into the green (meth flow sensor) and blue (meth inject valve) wires? Really not keen on cutting!

The next question I had was on where I connect the red power wires to the supplied relay. The new harness already has 2 red (power?)wires with female blade connectors, 1 runs directly from the normal red Procede wire that usually joins to the green power connector (so I assume no need to cut this wire anymore? think this may go to terminal 87?) and the other red female blade runs from a slot on the Procede connector side (does this connect to terminal 85 now?), see images below

Only other issue is that I will need to extend the red power wire back to Procede as I have a RHD car and ECU box is on the opposite side, this should not be a problem though

Last edited by Baracus135i; 12-28-2011 at 07:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
ttbmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: space gray on black 07 335i

I know that all those wires and sensors can be overwhelming but everything u ask is on the Installation guide, also check out some YouTube videos that would help u out a bit. PM ur numb I can help u out over the phone
PROCEDE, PWM Vishnu Kit, AR catless DP, BMS DCI, Helix IC, P3 gauge, 25% window tint, mattblack window trim, mattblack roof wrapped. Vorstainer CSL trunk, CF wrapped interior, 18'' Forgestar F14 Matt black, quaife LSD, M3 suspension bits, Mtech front bumper). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8JIB8C8HDA
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Dude is in Africa bro. Phone bill will be astronomical!!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
ttbmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: space gray on black 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Oh lol... iPhone app sucks. Didn't see that.
PROCEDE, PWM Vishnu Kit, AR catless DP, BMS DCI, Helix IC, P3 gauge, 25% window tint, mattblack window trim, mattblack roof wrapped. Vorstainer CSL trunk, CF wrapped interior, 18'' Forgestar F14 Matt black, quaife LSD, M3 suspension bits, Mtech front bumper). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8JIB8C8HDA
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 02:32 AM   #5
Baracus135i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
LOL Yep, all the way down in South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttbmer View Post
I know that all those wires and sensors can be overwhelming but everything u ask is on the Installation guide, also check out some YouTube videos that would help u out a bit. PM ur numb I can help u out over the phone
Thanks ttbmer, have already been trying to follow the install guide on http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54...all/index.html though , only thing is that it doesn't cover how to enable the dedicated I/0's for the speed delimiter in the latest Rev3 harness? Have read the "How to Enable the Rev3’s Dedicated I/O Channels" Word file included with the 25-11 maps, but still confused as it says I must "tap into" the blue and green wires? Does this mean I must cut into these wires or is there another way to route and connect the 2 black (male & female) wires running from the PWM kit to the blue and green wires in the bigger black connector? Or am I perhaps just overlooking something?

Furthermore as shown above there is now no small matching black connector in the Rev3 harness (which is shown in the install guide)? Also there are 2 red wires with red female lugs on the new harness not shown in the guide? Have searched YouTube but could only find Shiv's videos on how to plumb the meth nozzels, nothing on the wiring to a Rev3 harness? Can you perhaps send me a link?

Jokes aside I can call you? I dont pay for my company phone which has full international access

Already tried calling Shiv but according to their answering machine the folks at Vishnu are all away until the 3rd

Last edited by Baracus135i; 12-29-2011 at 02:39 AM..
Appreciate 0