E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Reeves Motorsports - Tampa FL

02-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
kudos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Thumbs down Reeves Motorsports - Tampa FL

Terrible experience at your dealership in Tampa, FL. I went to check out the new 3 series F30 and was pretty much hassled and shooed out the door by some white haired sales manager with a Burt Reynolds mustache. How do you expect to sell any cars when you treat potential customers this way? Is it because I'm young and he thinks I'm just some punk kid? I also asked about a performance exhaust for an e90 and he looked at me like an idiot with a confused look on his face and said you don't sell it (really? Then why have this little side business for aftermarket parts? http://www.motorsportsbyreeves.com/ ) So not only did he lose a future car sale he also lost out on a $1000+ part sale. I will now be giving all my business to Fields BMW ( http://www.fieldsbmwlakeland.com/index.htm ).
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
issabmw
cool beans
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi

Unfortunately that's Reeves for you. I had a problem regarding exhaust smoke that was caused by their carelessness after a servicing, and I was told by the manager that they wanted nothing to do with my vehicle, not then, not ever. I restrained myself from throwing him through his desk, not only because of what was said, yet the arrogance that seeped from his words.

I strongly suggest Fields BMW as a much better alternative. The professionalism is far superior, as they are a legitimate BMW only dealership with focus on nothing but. I'm positive Reeves has the capital to treat customers as they please, based on the five dealerships they own, and unfortunately the money replaced their sense of respect.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

Fields isn't too shabby, I'd say. They are, however, just as wealthy as Reeve's.

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
issabmw
cool beans
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post
Fields isn't too shabby, I'd say. They are, however, just as wealthy as Reeve's.
I wouldn't count on that being nearly as much as a problem, given Reeves has a hierarchy of offerings ranging from Porsche, Maserati, Range Rover altering their focus, as well as skewing their perception regarding used cars of what is their least priced brand. Seems like the manager and a few employees have taken the company into that one-way street, whereas there are still a handful that care about the customer.

Fields of Lakeland does nothing but BMW, so experience and focus get the upper hand. Factor in what seems to be a friendlier staff, and you know where to take your car.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
ReevesBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudos View Post
Terrible experience at your dealership in Tampa, FL. I went to check out the new 3 series F30 and was pretty much hassled and shooed out the door by some white haired sales manager with a Burt Reynolds mustache. How do you expect to sell any cars when you treat potential customers this way? Is it because I'm young and he thinks I'm just some punk kid? I also asked about a performance exhaust for an e90 and he looked at me like an idiot with a confused look on his face and said you don't sell it (really? Then why have this little side business for aftermarket parts? http://www.motorsportsbyreeves.com/ ) So not only did he lose a future car sale he also lost out on a $1000+ part sale. I will now be giving all my business to Fields BMW ( http://www.fieldsbmwlakeland.com/index.htm ).
Please PM me and we will take care of this issue immediately. I work in parts and run our vendor account on here. I will be letting the GM of Reeves know and the General Sales manager of BMW know about this first thing Monday morning when I get to work at 7am. This is unacceptable and I will be making sure this gets addressed right away. This is not how we do business and I will make sure that you are contacted by someone for an apology and to fix this. Please feel free to PM me and I will give you my number and I will do my best to make sure this is taken care of.

Also if you are still interested in the exhaust please let me know and I will make sure that you are taking care of to the highest degree. Like I said I work in parts but will apologize on behalf of them for what happened since I do work at that dealership. I'm truly sorry that you had to deal with this. No one should have to.

Phil Uniejewski

Last edited by ReevesBMW; 02-11-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
Pastapuck
Rep
Drives: Subaru STI

I was taken care of at Reeves a few years ago. Maybe things have changed? I don't know.
Appreciate 0