E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > CPE Charge pipe wont fit?

02-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
illrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90

CPE Charge pipe wont fit?

I installed an ER charge pipe on my E90 a couple months ago and had no issues. The charge pipe fit perfectly in the engine compartment and attached to the throttle body with ease.

Yesterday, I tried installing a CPE charge pipe on a buddies E93, and spent an hour or two trying to get the charge pipe to mate up to the throttle body with no luck. It seemed as if the charge pipe was too small of a diameter to fit on the throttle body, it just would not fit. I tried at every angle possible, lubing the throttle body up, etc. Nothing would work. The inside of the charge pipe is all scratched up and has loose metal shavings from the metal to metal contact of trying to mate it to the throttle body.

Has anyone else had issues like this before?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Should call CPE directly and speak to Josh about this as he would know better.
Appreciate 0