F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > WTF? I have to get BMW Assist in order to get the Technology Package???
ARMA SPEED

02-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
ƒ°
Rep
Drives: ✚

WTF? I have to get BMW Assist in order to get the Technology Package???

My dealer just called me and said I have to pay for the BMW Assist in order to get the technology package. Is this right???
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
shoptb
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 G01 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
My dealer just called me and said I have to pay for the BMW Assist in order to get the technology package. Is this right???
This is not correct. You do not have to pay for BMW Assist with the Technology Package.
      02-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
npgatech
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i

No, that is a problem in the system. My dealer said the same thing and I freaked out. What happens (I think) is that the system automatically adds BMW Assist + ZTP if they accidentally pick BMW Assist. Then you cannot remove BMW assist unless you start over and only add ZTP. Something like that. I am not too sure, actually. But I had to make a few trips to the computer office in my dealer and explain them the situation. Goofy ordering system.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
ƒ°
Rep

I flipped out on the manager too, but he said, there's nothing he can do.

Did you guys order the Tech package w/out the BMW Assist?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
gator15
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:

I ordered the tech package without BMW Assist.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #6
npgatech
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i

Talking

Quote:

Yes, I got ZTP without BMW Assist. Let me know if you want me to fax you my ordering sheet print out (from the dealer computer) to prove. Don't give up! This is complete BS and you should call that out and make that clear to your dealer. Otherwise, shop elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
ƒ°
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropic Artist View Post
Yes, I got ZTP without BMW Assist. Let me know if you want me to fax you my ordering sheet print out (from the dealer computer) to prove. Don't give up! This is complete BS and you should call that out and make that clear to your dealer. Otherwise, shop elsewhere.
Called back the sales guy, and told him about you guys. His line was, "Well I'm sure the other folks on the forum got it without the assist, but at this moment, the system is forcing us to add it. But I'll run it thru again as soon as I get back from my lunch break." The sales guy is cool, but the manager was kind of a punk about it. He basically said, "take it or leave it."
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

I ordered Tech without it. Get a new dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
tresoul
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
As all of the others have stated this not the case. I got a quote from one dealer and at first he told me the same, but then corrected it. If sending you a copy of my order will help just let me know and i will post a copy.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
ƒ°
Rep

Thank you for the offer guys. If it gets to the point I need proof, I'll hit you guys up thru PM. As of now, I am still waiting on the call back. Long lunch.

I have contacted another dealer and after talking with them, they have not called me back either. That makes it 3 dealers that have not called me back to sell me a car. I mean jeez.... I have money in hand.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

I had a smiliar problem (delaer required me to order folding seats to get leather) i went nuts and he said he would take care of it when the car came. took the $500 off at signing. Dont settle

And fuck bmw's it department
      02-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
shoptb
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Called back the sales guy, and told him about you guys. His line was, "Well I'm sure the other folks on the forum got it without the assist, but at this moment, the system is forcing us to add it. But I'll run it thru again as soon as I get back from my lunch break." The sales guy is cool, but the manager was kind of a punk about it. He basically said, "take it or leave it."
I would have said "call me back when you learn how to use a computer".

02-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #13
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Perfomance Model 3

Garage List
Quote:

same thing happened to me, my salesman started over and picked my options in a different order and it didn't force BMW assist. you can see my options in my sig line. good luck!

*RETIRED* 2015 435xi GC [f36] | 2012 335i [f30] | 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
ƒ°
Rep

Wow, this dealer is deadset on the BMW Assist being a requirement for the Technology package. He just emailed me confirming that he can not remove the Assist without removing the Tech Package. I'm talking to another dealer now. Just waiting on confirmation of a March allocation. Jeez.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #15
ƒ°
Rep

Canceled the order with this dealer. He called me back again and is refusing to configure the car in the way you guys stated. I asked him, "Why can't you guys just run the order again in these steps?" He replied, "YOU WANT ME TO PUT IN THE ORDER OR CANCEL IT?"

So I canceled it. What an jerk.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #16
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Canceled the order with this dealer. He called me back again and is refusing to configure the car in the way you guys stated. I asked him, "Why can't you guys just run the order again in these steps?" He replied, "YOU WANT ME TO PUT IN THE ORDER OR CANCEL IT?"

So I canceled it. What an jerk.
What an ass..

What dealer was this? Perhaps you can prevent others from going there

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #17
ƒ°
Rep

The manager called me back and explained to me that I was right and he managed to get the BMW Assist removed. I replied, "I know. I gave the salesman step by step instructions on how to remove it. But he kept talking over me and not listening." He then asked me what those steps were. To which I iterated what is written on this thread. He responded, "Oh, that's exactly what I did to remove it." *face-palm

Then he proceeded to warn me. "But.... we had one of these 'conflict' orders go out in December for an X5... someone just like you that wanted it configured unconventionally, and BMW delayed the order by 2 months. Just wanted to let you know that."

This is the same manager that told me two days ago "Take the nav or leave it."

So I explained to him that, "It's not so much the fact that you guys couldn't figure it out in the system because I understand there might be glitches... but the fact that you guys were so disrespectful while talking down to me and not listening to anything I was saying. Even as I was telling you that other dealers corroborated my version of this Package, you would not even research one bit on whether my version is true or not. My wife and I are extremely upset at this."

Eventually I agreed that I would think about it overnight and give them a call back tomorrow on whether I want to continue with them or not.

One more kick in the nuts. As everyone knows, there is an additional mandatory fee called "Training". Originally, I thought this was the training that the dealer would provide to the buyer about their new car. But no. It is actually the cost of BMW training their sales folks on how to sell the car (you guys probably already know all this). So basically, I'm paying them to sell the car to me. I find this utterly ironic in that I am training them on how to order a BMW to me. I guess they would make me pay for that as well.

I have another dealer trying to get me a March allocation. Hope it goes thru. Then I'll let you guys know which dealer it was.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #18
shoptb
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Eventually I agreed that I would think about it overnight and give them a call back tomorrow on whether I want to continue with them or not.
The bottom line is that the dealer should be earning your business, not the other way around. If you've already got a bad taste in your mouth for this dealer, follow your instinct. If problems arise with your order, you don't want to be dealing with this type of attitude going forward. Do yourself a favor and find another dealer willing to make the process a pleasant one from the beginning.
      03-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #19
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
One more kick in the nuts. As everyone knows, there is an additional mandatory fee called "Training". Originally, I thought this was the training that the dealer would provide to the buyer about their new car. But no. It is actually the cost of BMW training their sales folks on how to sell the car (you guys probably already know all this). So basically, I'm paying them to sell the car to me. I find this utterly ironic in that I am training them on how to order a BMW to me. I guess they would make me pay for that as well.
Wtf? I actually had to look this one up because both me and my wife never heard about it before. I just also checked my wife's purchase contract (of her old M3) and our lease contract (of my X5) but there is no training fee specified on it.. but yeah, if it was, they would hear about it because this is just utterly ridiculous :S

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #20
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache
Quote:
Wtf? I actually had to look this one up because both me and my wife never heard about it before. I just also checked my wife's purchase contract (of her old M3) and our lease contract (of my X5) but there is no training fee specified on it.. but yeah, if it was, they would hear about it because this is just utterly ridiculous :S
No no no. Leave this dealer. There is no training fee. My order does not have this. Drive further to pick up your car.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #21
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttackBMW View Post
No no no. Leave this dealer. There is no training fee. My order does not have this. Drive further to pick up your car.
I agree, with the attitude that dealer is giving him, and an unnecessary fee like that, I would so not go back to them.

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #22
DitrasetMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

I'm confused by this thread. I am about to order an F10. I thought that all BMW's now come with BMW Assist, which is free for four years and then $199 a year after that? Why would anyone not want that? Free is free. If you are buying the car, just don't pay for it after the four years.
Appreciate 0