2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Marketplace Commercial Marketplace - F10/F11 Classifieds AVCHD to FCP without rendering

03-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
tracystein
Rep
Drives: big

AVCHD to FCP without rendering

Recently, I captured some AVCHD files with Sony CX700V stored in my hard drive. Most clips are awesome, so to speak. Actually, my intension is to merge these clips and do some editing. Then, FCP X came to my mind since it’s very hot now.

However, spending $ 299 for the software is really annoying after finding it can’t read my MTS files. Scratching my head, I got no answer. At last, some guys in Google forum gave me the result. Apple editing software like FCP, FCE, iMovie doesn’t accept MTS/M2TS files with no folder structure.
Tips: whole AVCHD folder structure can be listed as below:

As I was frustrated about this expensive but useless cost, my colleague recommended a MTS converter which is simple, powerful. Search Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac by Google, and installed it for a try. Really, it gives me a shock, doing great job!

How to take use of the magnificent software?

1. After installing Aunsoft MTS/M2TS for Mac, I’m impatient to connect my hard drive to iMac. This cute software can easily recognize my MTS file after clicking Add button to choose my hard drive.

2. In format column, click Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) in Final Cut Pro. The MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac will do the conversion of AVCHD to Apple ProRes 422 MOV with high quality. Then, click “merge” button for one converted Apple ProRes 422 MOV file.

3. Set the output path to specify a location for the converted file. The last step is to start conversion with fast speed for getting FCP's native format with excellent quality.

Once the conversion is done, importing MOV with Apple Prores to FCP X to do some editing is so easy. Amazingly, I find it save much tine for me to do immediate importing which requires no rendering.
Appreciate 0