F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Woohoo, Finally Got European Delivery Confirmation!
ARMA SPEED

03-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Talking Woohoo, Finally Got European Delivery Confirmation!

I ordered my car on March 3 and had to get back to my CA on the dates I wanted for European Delivery. In any case, more than a week and a half goes by without any sign of progress when I finally get a reservation letter from BMW. Yeah!

I'm looking at April 25 as my pick up date for my:
  • Glacier Silver Metallic
  • 335i Sport Line
  • Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight
  • Brushed Aluminum trim w/Coral Red highlight
  • Cold Weather Package
  • Premium Package
  • Premium Sound Package
  • 19" light alloy wheels Double-spoke style 401 with mixed tires
  • Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles

I'm excited to finally be able to plan out my trip now. Should be there for about two weeks and am looking to drop off in Amsterdam (at least that's the idea now). Then it's on to pick up in Spartanburg, SC, yeah!

So, I ask you my fellow members, what was your experience during drop off? Do you have any advice for someone unfamiliar with the process? Lastly, has anyone dropped off in Amsterdam?

Any comments welcomed!

In any case, it should look something like this:

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #2
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

It can only get more exciting by the day ... plan plan plan ... just make a list of places you want to go, or what you want to do.... and everything should fall into place.

Enjoy it all!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #3
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Congrats on the confirmation! Cool to see you're visiting my old country for your drop off

I have no experience with that drop off (or any other haha) but I did read it could prove difficult to find. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to find it and watch out with your speed there. Several locations in the Netherlands have systems that actually recognizes your plates and measures your average speed over a certain distance :/

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

@DrivenByE30
Thanks, we're definitely excited. I'm bringing my girlfriend of many years with me and she'd like to meet my European family so, it'll be a combination of 2/3 visiting family (in various countries) and 1/3 for us. I was hoping for 50/50 but she really wants to see the family so, for my peace of mind that's what's going down, haha.

@svache
Thank you for the advice on drop off in Amsterdam. I definitely will call them in advance just to get all the information right and the directions. Plus, thank you for the advice on the speed traps. I know that it has become increasingly strict, specifically within the cities but also in certain sections of the highways.

Well, it'll be nice to be back, while I grew up in Europe, I have been in the U.S. now since college and that's been over 15 years or so, it'll be my first real trip to Europe in many, many years.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlv View Post
Well, it'll be nice to be back, while I grew up in Europe, I have been in the U.S. now since college and that's been over 15 years or so, it'll be my first real trip to Europe in many, many years.
That sounds pretty awesome to go back now after such a long time. I'm sure you'll have a blast, especially in that new car of yours

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
That sounds pretty awesome to go back now after such a long time. I'm sure you'll have a blast, especially in that new car of yours
Yeah, I'm going to have to bust out the foreign languages, cough, cough, haha. i'll be rusty in the beginning but I know it'll be good once I'm there for a few days.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thinking of adding BMW Assist w/enchanced Bluetooth and USB

Thinking of adding BMW Assist w/ enhanced Bluetooth and USB. I like the ability to play music via USB so, no digital to analog conversion. Plus, with the assist apparently you can unlock doors (if locked out and it will locate your vehicle if, god forbid, it's stolen). Nice features, I was wondering if the Gps locating of the car will lower insurance? I'm in NYC so, this might work for me.

Thoughts?

*Edit - I think I've decided to go with the option. Don't want to regret not having gotten it... Navigation and a big screen would be nice but, the map updates are WAY expen$ive.

Last edited by wdlv; 03-16-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlv View Post
I was wondering if the Gps locating of the car will lower insurance? I'm in NYC so, this might work for me.

Thoughts?
Unfortunately it didn't for me.. all they care about in my situation is a car alarm which, imho, is just ridiculous as nobody ever cares to even look up if they hear an alarm go off lol.

But, yeah, get the assist option anyways, like you said, it's better to have it and don't need it than to need it when you can't use it :S

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #9
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

I wish I had added it. It's one of the few options I didn't get and I regret it. I didn't know about the digital to analog conversation at the time.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #10
chicagolab
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 2006 TiAg

I dropped of in Paris six years ago so I can't speak for the process in Amsterdam. In Paris the drop off was at a shipping place in an industrial complex very very close to the airport and they had a shuttle to drop us off at the airport. We went about 3.5 hours before our flight was depart and the drop off was very anti-climatic and took all of about 5 minutes because it is not BMW taking the car it was a shipping/freight company, so you just take your stuff out of the car and give them the keys, they make sure you took everything out and you leave, pretty much it.

E90 330i | Titanium Silver | Black/Aluminum | Step | Idrive | Sunshades | PDC | Heated Seats | M3 Lip | Roof Spoiler | Front Splitters | Lux 5.0 | Blacklines
Link to my European Delivery write up:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143486
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

@Chicagolab
I think all the drop off points won't have that "Welt" experience but, I have to say you guys were pretty brave to drop off with so little time before your flight back.

We'll stay for another day in Amsterdam but will be sure to drop off the day before on Friday. I've been in Amsterdam before and the public transport is pretty decent, the car will just slow us down. Plus, I'll be happy to get in on the boat back to the States a little sooner.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #12
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

And it begins!

Waiting on my flight at Newark and eagerly awaiting the flight to Deutschland. We'll be spending a few days in Köln and then it's off to München.

First order of business is to get a micro-SIM for my phone when I arrive and then update when I have time.

Wow, can't believe pickup is just a few days away.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Holy cow, the Germans are no joke. We had a 4:30 flight, they started boarding a 3:45 and last call was already at 4:05! Original boarding was supposed to start at 4pm.

Ja wohl mein Herr! Jesus! Glad we heard the last call. Whew.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
zeezz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport Line

Have fun, don't forget to post pics!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #15
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Good luck and have a safe journey man! Can't wait to see pics!