E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > RDS on non-i-Drive...what info is displayed?

10-31-2005, 08:58 PM   #1
Airboy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Some Subaru

RDS on non-i-Drive...what info is displayed?

Doest the RDS function display the Artist and Song Title, or does it display just the station call-sign? I forgot to check that when I test drove the 325i.

The 330i w/i-Drive that I also looked at didn't even have RDS capabilities, even though the sales guy said that it did. He tried to look for a setting but couldn'd find it. RDS on i-Drive is being worked on, right?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 08:56 AM   #2
driverseven
Curve junky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228 Black

RDS information comes from the radio station.

Some stations broadcast nothing. Others broadcast something generic like "Rock" and others broadcast the name/artist of songs.

From what I've read, a software upgrade added RDS support in Sept - maybe the dealers car was not yet upgraded.
      11-05-2005, 01:39 AM   #3
Xens
Eh
Rep
Drives: Is Turbo'd

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I'll have an answer on Monday when I get my car back from the dealer, I'm being updated with CIP 19.2. What I'm worried about actually isn't whether RDS will work or not, because even if it doesn't - big deal it never worked before. What I'm worried about is how a couple of members have gotten their cars back from the dealership with the software updated, but also with Bluetooth not working. I've told my service advisor about it and he said he'll tell the guys to make sure Bluetooth works after the update, hopefully he remembers.

Going into service is fine despite the fact that I lose my car for a couple of days, but going back into service BECAUSE of a service will be RIDICULOUS.

Wish me luck.
Appreciate 0