E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Removing the Roundel?

06-16-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Removing the Roundel?

Recently, I got my car back from the body shop and because they repainted the hood they had to remove the roundel. Only problem is now it's loose and not solid like it came from the factory. I asked them to remove it to apply some epoxy or other glue underneath it but they said they tried to get it back off and couldn't without possibly scratching the paint. A simple solution could have been to remove it while scratching the paint and then handing it over to their painter who's 10 feet away to wet sand it and remove the scratch. Obviously, they couldn't figure that out for themselves so I'm wondering if anyone knows how to remove the roundel without scratching the hood? Apparently they said it was on their really good, whilst still being loose.

Any ideas? E90fleet? I'm guessing a screwdriver to pry it off but how do I protect the paint? Or should I just give in to the fact that it's going to get scratched and have the body shop wet sand it afterwards?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

What kind of a body shop is this? From what you're saying...they don't seem very knowledgeable at all.

Many people, including myself, have done this without harming the paint job.

Here is the DIY thread..
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=roundel
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
What kind of a body shop is this? From what you're saying...they don't seem very knowledgeable at all.

Many people, including myself, have done this without harming the paint job.

Here is the DIY thread..
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=roundel
You're not kidding. I've had so many problems with the body shop it's not even funny. What's funny though it that they are BMW-certified and owned by a BMW dealership. While they have caused many additional problems for me, such as putting almost a dozen scratches on my car when it was in the shop, they have been patient with me and corrected every single mistake.

Thanks for the link!
Appreciate 0