Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > My front right tire is rubbing pretty bad and less cleareance than front left

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
BlackedOutBeamer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

My front right tire is rubbing pretty bad and less cleareance than front left

i dont know whats causing this to happen. i got the wheels of a guy who had them in the car with no issues, my front right is way worse, the corner of the fender is actually digs into the tire chewing it up What do you guys could be the problem? i was loking at rolling the fenders but that could be a slim chance since the bimmer fender is already rolled
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #2
kahn
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Your offset is much too low, it could be that the other guy has different alignment specifications because he has different suspension, i.e. sport vs. non-sport. Did you change anything else? From the looks of it, without severe fender rolling it won't fit that wheel, and even then it might not look good. What size are those tires? You might need more negative camber to fit those.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

I have the same problem, let me know how you resolve this issue

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #4
BlackedOutBeamer
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahn View Post
Your offset is much too low, it could be that the other guy has different alignment specifications because he has different suspension, i.e. sport vs. non-sport. Did you change anything else? From the looks of it, without severe fender rolling it won't fit that wheel, and even then it might not look good. What size are those tires? You might need more negative camber to fit those.
Nope, everything else is stock. The thing is i have more clearance one the driver side than the passenger side. I stopped by a shop yesterday and they said they said thing. They didn't have the time to take it in and have a closer look though. Like I said Kal tire told me that my tie rod ends are bent a little. but im sure that would cause that much of a difference. The size of the front tires are 245/35/20 and the rears are 275/30/20 (whats the width in inches?)
How would achieve negative camber or get more of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchNpoke View Post
I have the same problem, let me know how you resolve this issue
What are you rollin' on? Is it just the one side also?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #5
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

its pretty even on both sides sweety.

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #6
BlackedOutBeamer
Enlisted Member
Rep

What wheels/tires ?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #7
CdnM3
Rep
Drives: e90 ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBeamer View Post
Nope, everything else is stock. The thing is i have more clearance one the driver side than the passenger side. I stopped by a shop yesterday and they said they said thing. They didn't have the time to take it in and have a closer look though. Like I said Kal tire told me that my tie rod ends are bent a little. but im sure that would cause that much of a difference. The size of the front tires are 245/35/20 and the rears are 275/30/20 (whats the width in inches?)
How would achieve negative camber or get more of it?

What are you rollin' on? Is it just the one side also?
These tires are way too big for the car both in width and height. The total diameter of your new wheels/tires is about 2 inches greater than the stock tire diameter and your offset looks way more aggressive as well.

If you want to keep that setup you're goin to need narrower 20 series tires.

Use this tire size calculator to determine what size you need, I put in your tire sizes so that you can see just how much bigger than stock they are (just type in the security code at the bottom and click submit to see all the measurements):

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecal...?action=submit

As for rubbing on the right side more than the left, it's most likely damaged suspension components or a very bad alignment. Get this checked out at a reputable shop (I would suggest the dealer in this case) to know exactly what's causing this.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
matthew34brown
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i E90

its because of that mustach on the front
Appreciate 0