E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items > FS: Rear E90 Style 269 19"

05-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
gramboda
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Murdered X4 M40i

FS: Rear E90 Style 269 19"

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hello, I am new to the forum as I just purchased my 2011 335i last week. I’d like to test the waters to see if anyone would be interested in purchasing my 2 rear 19” style 269 wheels. (I believe they are 269s based on looking at various BMW wheel charts on the internet.) Long story short, they were refinished last week and I am not happy with how they turned out. They don’t look as good as my fronts that just had some curb rash ground out. The rears (which are for sale) had curb rash removed and they were repainted as the clear coat was pealing. I am very particular about such things so while I think the wheels would be fine for most people, the way they look after refinishing bothers me. So I am just going to replace them. I have attached pictures below but feel free to ask any questions. The wheels are still on the car and will be until they are replaced. So if you are interested, they may a bit of a wait while I get them swapped out. I would really like to get $450 for the pair which includes shipping. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
duky
The Tanzanian
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, Audi RS6, Mini Cooper

Garage List
So you're saying they have a different finish from a new set of 269s? I'm interested but from the sounds of your post I would end up with rear wheels that look different from the front wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
gramboda
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yes, slightly different which is why I am selling them. I will try to take a pic of the fronts for comparison. It wouldnt be obvious to everyone but it is to me cuz I'm nuts that way. The milling is slightly muted and the painted gray part doesnt seem to be exactly right. It is like the shiny part and the painted part dont contrast as well as the fronts that werent refinished. I think the average person would only notice if I told them specifically what to look for. I want to be honest here so there are no unrealistic expectations from the buyer.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
gramboda
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

As you can see from the pics though...they look pretty good still.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
gramboda
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Here are some more pics to illustrate the condition of the wheels. The first pic is the front. Notice how shiny it is and how the milled/machined face contrasts against the darker painted inside. The second pic is the right rear. Notice how the machining is muted and the gray does not look 100% correct (IMO).

FRONT

REAR: Also now BMW Performance decal
Appreciate 0