F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Order Tracking for Australia - helping you manage the anxiety of the wait!
ARMA SPEED

06-08-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Post Order Tracking for Australia - helping you manage the anxiety of the wait!

In case anyone was interested I thought I'd post some information up on how to track your car on it's shipping run from Rosslyn, South Africa, to Australia.

There's some good information in this thread (http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680467) but a lot of the Owners Circle items we don't get Down Under so I thought I'd condense it somewhat.

Firstly, you'll need your VIN. Your dealer can provide this around the time the car starts its production run through the factory (build week). This step takes about one week (from body shop, to painting, final assembly and quality checking). The car will then get shipped to either Durban or Port Elizabeth for shipping. I'm presently trying to confirm which port is used and my guess it it'd be Durban, given it's closer distance to Rosslyn.

Wallenius Wilhelmsen manage the shipping, and by going to https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage and inputting your full VIN into the Cargo ID field, you can see what ship your car has been loaded on and some details on it's voyage. http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSched...pe=generatePDF will give you a list of ships running from SA to Aus over the next few months with forecast docking dates for various ports.

Once you know the ship, you can track it's movements at http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ by searching for the ship by name.

For example - my car is being built this week (body shop entry was 4/6/12), so I'm guessing it might be on the Queen Sapphire at the earliest. I can then figure out roughly when it's due in my city, and then add a a week or two for customs sorting and dealer delivery to get an idea of when I can expect to collect the fob Once it shows up on the WW tracking I'll get even more excited because it take a few more variables away!

Happy tracking everyone
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Chris_F30_335
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335

Thanks for all that info! I finally have my VIN from the dealer, but it is not showing up on a ship as yet under track and trace - so Im guessing its yet to be allocated, which explains why the stock controller has not yet sent me the email with instructions on how to trace it.

Pretty excited to know my car has been built and is sitting waiting to come to me across the indian ocean hahah
DELIVERED! - BMW F30 335i, Mineral White, Luxury Line, 19" 401s, Dynamic M Runing Gear, Variable Sports Steering, Sports Seats, Glass Roof, HUD, Comfort Access, Rear View Camera, Music Interface & all the 335 fruit.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 03:49 AM   #3
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_F30_335 View Post

Pretty excited to know my car has been built and is sitting waiting to come to me across the indian ocean hahah
Isn't it just

I wonder if we'll be on the same boat? I'm expecting my VIN to show up on the WW site in the next week or so.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
Chris_F30_335
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
Isn't it just

I wonder if we'll be on the same boat? I'm expecting my VIN to show up on the WW site in the next week or so.
I'll post as soon as I get advice from the dealer that I can track it and let you know.

DELIVERED! - BMW F30 335i, Mineral White, Luxury Line, 19" 401s, Dynamic M Runing Gear, Variable Sports Steering, Sports Seats, Glass Roof, HUD, Comfort Access, Rear View Camera, Music Interface & all the 335 fruit.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #5
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Thanks for that mate
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
Paninaro
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
I'll post as soon as I get advice from the dealer that I can track it and let you know.

Gents, mine is starting to track. I wonder how long it will take for BMW to let me know this info!
Attached Images

06-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #7
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
My car is a 182 status as of the 16th, which is "Released to carrier".

I'm almost certain that this will mean it ships on the Queen Sapphire in a week, which would result in a late July deliver

*happy camper*
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 03:02 AM   #8
Paninaro
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paninaro View Post
Gents, mine is starting to track. I wonder how long it will take for BMW to let me know this info!
Good onya BMW my car's been on a ship for 5 days now and still no word. Maybe it's only from when it docks in Fremantle!!
      06-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #9
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good onya BMW my car's been on a ship for 5 days now and still no word. Maybe it's only from when it docks in Fremantle!!
I think the first you'll hear from the dealer is when it's docked and they know when they'll be getting their hands on it.

Give it one to two weeks from when it docks at Freo to post bond/ get through customs and get the thousand dollar car wash, then it should be happy days
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 05:28 AM   #10
Chris_F30_335
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yep the Torino is heading east of Reunion - on its way to Freo and not a peep from my dealer either.

However my dealer said he'd contact me when it was in Freo.

The stock controller is supposed to contact me with the tracking details... all of which I now have anyway... but still... nice work BMW..

Last edited by Chris_F30_335; 06-19-2012 at 05:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #11
Chris_F30_335
Private
Australia
Rep

Torino arrival date updated to 2/7/12 in Freo. Something's gone down in reunion and it's just been hanging off the island for 3 days.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #12
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Torino arrival date updated to 2/7/12 in Freo. Something's gone down in reunion and it's just been hanging off the island for 3 days.
Shore leave and drunken sailors? Let's hope they're not using the cargo to do donuts!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #13
Chris_F30_335
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Shore leave and drunken sailors? Let's hope they're not using the cargo to do donuts!
Hey Mr Dealer - why does my car smell like rum, have bald tyres and have 280 km on the clock?

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #14
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #15
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Unless it gets loaded on the system today (48 hours after departure), my car didn't get on the Queen Sapphire

My hopes are now largely resting on the Otello, which is due in Durban on Tuesday.

In the grand scheme of things it's only another week I know, however it's annoying to think I missed the boat I expected it'd be on.

Hey Chris if you're reading this, I noticed you blacked out your VIN in the picture you posted, however you should also black out the Booking Number too.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #16
Chris_F30_335
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Unless it gets loaded on the system today (48 hours after departure), my car didn't get on the Queen Sapphire

My hopes are now largely resting on the Otello, which is due in Durban on Tuesday.

In the grand scheme of things it's only another week I know, however it's annoying to think I missed the boat I expected it'd be on.

Hey Chris if you're reading this, I noticed you blacked out your VIN in the picture you posted, however you should also black out the Booking Number too.
What a bummer about missing the boat Dabaitu!

But hey dont worry it will arrive in good time and be everything you want it to be.

Mine got on the boat as you know then the boat - hang on .. its a ship... the ship got stuck at one of the ports for a week... so you never know your luck - good or bad.

Thanks for the tip on the screenshot - I removed the post to be sure.

Thanks Bud.

PS: My car arrives in Port in WA Monday. So then its a case of how long until I get the call from the dealer. I'll be sure to feed back how long it took to help with everyones ETAs. And post pics. Lots of pics...

Last edited by Chris_F30_335; 06-28-2012 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #17
Chris_F30_335
Private
Australia
Rep

The Torino has arrived in Port at Fremantle!

And along with it my shiny new F30 335i.

Now how long till the dealer calls me to pick it up?

My guess, 3-4 days to process at port, 3-4 days at teh dealer to clean it up and put the tint on..

... So mid-late next week?

Any other educated geusses?

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #18
Paninaro
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
And along with it my shiny new F30 335i.

Now how long till the dealer calls me to pick it up?

My guess, 3-4 days to process at port, 3-4 days at teh dealer to clean it up and put the tint on..

... So mid-late next week?

Any other educated geusses?

This is great news after its delay in Reunion Island, and heres the proof from Fremantle Port Cam this morning.

Classic's are being a bit cautious with my delivery date by saying the 16th July. All they've done is add 2 weeks from today. Fingers crossed its next week too as me and my girlfriend are heading down South for a break and it'll be a good opportunity to break her in (The Car!!)
Attached Images

07-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #19
Chris_F30_335
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
This is great news after its delay in Reunion Island, and heres the proof from Fremantle Port Cam this morning.

Classic's are being a bit cautious with my delivery date by saying the 16th July. All they've done is add 2 weeks from today. Fingers crossed its next week too as me and my girlfriend are heading down South for a break and it'll be a good opportunity to break her in (The Car!!)
Hey West Coast told me "it can take up to 20 working days" - it better bloody not!!!

Are you getting tint done by the dealer Pan?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 02:45 AM   #20
Paninaro
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hey West Coast told me "it can take up to 20 working days" - it better bloody not!!!

Are you getting tint done by the dealer Pan?
Have a great friend whom owns a tinting place in Midland.
      07-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #21
Chris_F30_335
Private
Australia
Rep

My cars status is now "discharged" and the ship is off to Melbs. I hope discharged means it's at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #22
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I'm still waiting for mine to show up on Track and Trace - it's been complete for 2 weeks now
Appreciate 0