E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Meth help!

07-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
kelvin2010
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, E82 1M

Meth help!

Hey guys,

Looking to put meth on my car very soon.
I have been doing researches on different forum abou the meth, but there are not too many posts about the meth stuff.

I have JB4 on my car, is the BMS meth kit the most compatible with the JB4? Or there is no difference than the others?

I am looking for trunk mount meth kit. Is the BMS one a good one, or there is another brand that you guys recommend?

Usually where do you guys buy the meth in local? Is it hard to get?

How much do you guys spend on refilling your meth on average?

And if there is anything that about meth kit that I should be caution, please chime in and give me some advices.

Thank you guys!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Unless you're willing to do the research -- and your questions suggest that you have not yet done much, you shouldn't do meth.

There are loads of trade-offs and, ultimately, you're going to have to make a determination about the benefits you're looking for and costs and risks that you're willing to incur.

Just my two cents...

Neil
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Suggestion: Buy Aquamist parts, they are noticeably better quality and will last longer. That is indisputable.

If you feel like having a better system than the generic progressive meth system, get an Aquamist Fast-Acting-Valve for PWM Meth. (The "PWM" meth system BMS sells is not a true PWM system) You can piece together your whole Aquamist system at howertonengineering.com

Some people aren't sensitive enough to feel or appreciate the difference of PWM meth systems, and that is totally fine. It all comes down to what you care to pay for.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
dblrguy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i & 06 330i

I was in your shoes...

I knew I wanted to put a meth system in my car but was not able to find many basic threads about it. Here is one that I started http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717171

Based on answers here and other threads I went with an Aquamist HSF-4 system. See this post for my install http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717171

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
plague
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sold :( / jb 20th AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN View Post
Unless you're willing to do the research -- and your questions suggest that you have not yet done much, you shouldn't do meth.

There are loads of trade-offs and, ultimately, you're going to have to make a determination about the benefits you're looking for and costs and risks that you're willing to incur.

Just my two cents...

Neil
imo there are very few trade offs if any. meth is flamable. only negative trade off, though isnt even one unless a problem occurs.

Parts for sale- PWM meth kit, M steering wheel, M shift knob, perforated e brake handle
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
woptang22
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3

From everything Ive been reading it seems as if the aquamist meth kits are top notch. Im not saying that because I have an aquamist kit. But after talking to multiple people with different meth kits, its seems as if aquamist is above all. My opinion also comes from the unbeatable customer service provided by Richard from Aquamist in the UK. He contacted me by phone 2 days in a row to explain exactly how the meth system works and h0ow to make small adjustments. Ive never had a better experience with any other person that has done work to my car. So for that alone, Id say buy aquamist.
      07-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
kelvin2010
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, E82 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblrguy View Post
I knew I wanted to put a meth system in my car but was not able to find many basic threads about it. Here is one that I started http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717171

Based on answers here and other threads I went with an Aquamist HSF-4 system. See this post for my install http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717171

Good luck!

Thank you dude! But they are same links!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

If going with aquamist parts make sure to get the BMS FSB so you mate up to the JB4 with ease. I usually recommend buying the meth kit that your tuner/tune supports to make life easier but you can get the BMS FSB control box and Solenoid to hook up to the JB4 and buy the pump,tank and fittings separately.

Also remember aquamist nozzles use no standard bungs so if getting a charge pipe make sure to get one with those specific bungs. The ER charge pipe for example can be customized with aquamist bungs.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #9
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
If going with aquamist parts make sure to get the BMS FSB so you mate up to the JB4 with ease. I usually recommend buying the meth kit that your tuner/tune supports to make life easier but you can get the BMS FSB control box and Solenoid to hook up to the JB4 and buy the pump,tank and fittings separately.

Also remember aquamist nozzles use no standard bungs so if getting a charge pipe make sure to get one with those specific bungs. The ER charge pipe for example can be customized with aquamist bungs.

Mike
....Or you can run the 1/8" NPT nozzle holders that Aquamist sells that will mate with the standard charge pipe.

http://www.howertonengineering.net/p...t-Adapter.html
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #10
805beemer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
....Or you can run the 1/8" NPT nozzle holders that Aquamist sells that will mate with the standard charge pipe.

http://www.howertonengineering.net/p...t-Adapter.html
Those adapters are a pain in the ass to thread in though, I just about stripped it on my ER chargepipe. I sent my chargepipe back to ER to have aquamist threaded bungs swapped in. Plus if you use the adapter it acts as a spacer causing the nozzle to sit no where near flush or protrude into the chargepipe and will have an even worse spray pattern. I'm having ER shave both bungs down so that the nozzle sits just inside the chargepipe. So yes you can use the adapters, but I would not recommend it.
Appreciate 0