E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Rockville - aka VOB BMW

08-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Thumbs up BMW of Rockville - aka VOB BMW

I just wanted to share my recent experiences at the new BMW of Rockville formally known as VOB BMW and in particular my experiences with the service department.

As many in the DC metro area know, VOB BMW had a horrendous reputation not only on the sales side but their service was abysmal. I will say, I have noticed a dramatic shift with their service department since the dealer was bought-out and converted to BMW of Rockville. In fact it was so bad at VOB I was one appointment away from taking my car to BMW of Silver Spring (Tischer), until the dealer announced the change, so I thought to give it one more try - shit the dealer is only 4 miles from my house so the location is VERY convenient.

The first couple of visits after the change I could tell they were still working through some transition issues, but to say I noticed an improvement is an understatement. In fact, with each ensuring visit the service and professionalism has improved dramatically. Employees actually smiling when they greet you, using "ma'am" and "sir," going out of their way to make sure you’re happy - WOW what a change. In addition, there is always a BMW loaner available now vs. when I would drop my car off at VOB BMW I would be lucky to get a half clean Dodge Charger from Enterprise.

I would also like to compliment Jeff Doss the SA who assisted me during my recent visit, as he was by-far-and-away the best SA that I have come across at this dealership - pleasant, professional, and very accommodating and dare I say my recent experience was akin to my experiences at my Lexus dealer.

Last edited by cssnms; 08-10-2012 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
pepper1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 IS

That is good information to have. I am in the process of getting a 335 IS through Rockville BMW. So far things are going well and the SA assisting me has been very helpful. Since they have changed does anyone have anything else to add? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
ItIsIS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335IS - AW w/ Saddle

I flew from Tennessee to Maryland to buy a 335IS there a month ago. My salesperson was great and straightforward. Seamless. The F&I manager was a little less than straightforward, but overall it was a great experience.
      08-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
HotIce
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

I work at BMW of Rockville! If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! We're under new management now(Hence the name change) and are now owned by the Priority One Automotive Group. For anyone that doesn't know, that means no need to call in and schedule an appointment. Come in anytime before 4 PM weekdays and your car will be taken care of. The best thing about it is that if your work takes longer then an hour, YOU WILL DRIVE A BMW LOANER! We have over 120 new BMW loaners in our fleet now.

This isn't an advertisement, simply just trying to help members out.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
harrycoutinho
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Angry

I bought my car from VOB / bmw of rockville a year ago and i have been servicing my car with them for a while now. They have been fine. Except what happened today was completely horrible.
so here is the story. I went in to give my car for a service and i said to check some stuff including the gear shifting. They said they would not be able to give it back to me the same day and therefore i would get a bmw loaner. I went out to lunch somewhere near by and i was in the car when i saw someone revving their car from the stop light to the next stop light. I turn to look and low and behold its my car that was being redlined from stop light to stop light. Thats not even the worst part. I went in to speak with the manager and i told him the story. He starred at my face blankly and did not even apologize. And then he said he couldnt do anything and when i asked him to call the guy who test drives the cars to speak with him, he refused. He also tried to pass it off as if they were testing the gear shifting which is complete bull#@$%. And as i was leaving i said it was horrible service, he even told me to take my car back. Can you believe the atitude on this guy, he even told me to take my car back and did not even apologize once. Unbelievable, worst bmw dealer ever. They should loose their right to sell bmw's they ruin the brand for people like me who love it. :mad0 260:
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrycoutinho View Post
I bought my car from VOB / bmw of rockville a year ago and i have been servicing my car with them for a while now. They have been fine. Except what happened today was completely horrible.
so here is the story. I went in to give my car for a service and i said to check some stuff including the gear shifting. They said they would not be able to give it back to me the same day and therefore i would get a bmw loaner. I went out to lunch somewhere near by and i was in the car when i saw someone revving their car from the stop light to the next stop light. I turn to look and low and behold its my car that was being redlined from stop light to stop light. Thats not even the worst part. I went in to speak with the manager and i told him the story. He starred at my face blankly and did not even apologize. And then he said he couldnt do anything and when i asked him to call the guy who test drives the cars to speak with him, he refused. He also tried to pass it off as if they were testing the gear shifting which is complete bull#@$%. And as i was leaving i said it was horrible service, he even told me to take my car back. Can you believe the atitude on this guy, he even told me to take my car back and did not even apologize once. Unbelievable, worst bmw dealer ever. They should loose their right to sell bmw's they ruin the brand for people like me who love it. :mad0 260:
That is a terrible story and quite frankly hard to believe that is the attitude you were given if in fact it was truely the "manager" you spoke with. I could not imagine EVER being treated that way by anyone at that dealership today.

Please name names here. Who was your SA and who was this "manager" you spoke with?

Also did you speak with the GM of the dealership about what you witnessed and how you were treated by the manager? The GM is new and from Tischer and by most accounts a VERY good GM who was brought over by the new owners to clean things up and turn the reputation of the dealerhip around. So while your complaint with this so called "manager" may have fallen on deaf ears, trust they will not if you contact the GM.

This almost has the smell of a bitter ex-employee's attempt to trash the dealership/service dept.

Last edited by cssnms; 12-16-2012 at 07:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
harrycoutinho
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I will be going to pickup my car as soon as they call me. And I am definitely going to speak to the GM then. And please don't try and imply that I am a bitter ex employee. I am an engineer living and working in hagerstown. I am only sharing what happened to me, take it or leave it.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
harrycoutinho
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I will be going to pickup my car as soon as they call me. And I am definitely going to speak to the GM then. And please don't try and imply that I am a bitter ex employee. I am an engineer living and working in hagerstown. I am only sharing what happened to me, take it or leave it.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #9
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No offense intended. If what you say is true it is a terrible story and a black-eye on the improving reputation of the dealership.

What I don't understand is, if you were so upset with how the dealership treated you and your car and this "manager" even went as far as to tell you "to take your car back" that you decided to leave your car for them to continue to work on. Personally, I would have immediately taken my car to another nearby dealer.

Again, why don't you share the name of your SA and the manager you spoke with?

BMW of Silver Spring would probably be as equally convenient for you coming from Hagerstown.

PS: The GM's name is Larry Sevrin.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
harrycoutinho
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I had already taken a loaner and I had my father with me, that's why I left my car there
Didn't feel like putting my dad through that and we hadn't eaten anything, it was 2 in the afternoon. I'm not sure why I need to prove myself but whatever.
The name of my SA is Russell but I think he's new and its not his fault someone took my car on a joyride. I can't remember the name of the "manager" or whoever he was, but I'll find out when I go back.
And thanks for the GMs name, I will have a calm and collected chat with him.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I had already taken a loaner and I had my father with me, that's why I left my car there
Didn't feel like putting my dad through that and we hadn't eaten anything, it was 2 in the afternoon. I'm not sure why I need to prove myself but whatever. The name of my SA is Russell but I think he's new and its not his fault someone took my car on a joyride. I can't remember the name of the "manager" or whoever he was, but I'll find out when I go back.
And thanks for the GMs name, I will have a calm and collected chat with him.
Because you went out of your way and made a very bold claim/and left a negative review in my thread without much in the way of support e.g. names etc and after all said and done your car is still there - which I found a bit odd, but your reasoning makes senses I guess. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, but being forthcoming with the specifics would lend itself favorably to your credibility.

Nevertheless, it is unfortunate. Speak with Larry and describe for him what transpired and how you were treated when you approached the manager about it. I suspect Larry will do right by you. Let Larry know that another BMW of Rockville customer recommended you speak with him and that customer holds him in high regard.

Good luck and report back after your meeting.

Last edited by cssnms; 12-20-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #12
chrisv_335EBII
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 6sp EBII

I don't know about their service department but I've dealt with their terrible sales department twice in the last 4 years. The 1st time was while they were still VOB BMW.

The sad part is my experience last month was even worse... The experience I had from this dealership and Russel BMW resulted in me driving 1 hour to Sterling, VA to buy my 335. BMW of Silver Spring and Annapolis was good but lacked inventory (Especially Annapolis...)

Russel at least tried to make up for my negative experience by offering any car at invoice. I passed due to the negative taste in my mouth.

Here is what happened at Rockville while shopping for a NEW 335. I arrived 15 minutes early for my appointment with my CA (Cant remember his name now). I waited 30 minutes for him. This wasn't too bad since I arrived early. So he was only 15 minutes late...

Once he arrived I asked to see the car we discussed 2 hours earlier on the phone. He said the car was actually sold a week or two ago without him realizing.I was a bit annoyed but said "Okay, May I see similar model so I can at least get a feel for the car and the options?". He said since I'm not interested in buying any of the other cars it would be a waste of time to go over them. He did offer to call me once they get once similar in next year (how nice...). I told him I wanted to test drive a 335 and look at some of the options on the other cars he has in stock. He said if I wasn't buying the car I couldn't drive it. I said fine just unlock the cars so I could test the options.

He said okay and headed back towards the dealership leaving me in the lot. After 30-40 minutes he did not return so I went inside to find him. I couldn't find him so I stood around for a minute until a guy asked if he could help me. I asked if he had seen my CA. He told me he saw the CA working with another customer. I was very upset at this point and left the dealership.

I am 25 years old but look a lot younger so I realize he might have thought I was too young (this happens often to me when shopping for cars. I even had an old guy at Audi while looking at the S4 tell me "Son, you wont be able to buy this car till your older")
Appreciate 0