E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts

05-19-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
johnfkitchen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323is & 330i

Thumbs up Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts

We have had our 1998 323is serviced at Wagner's for some years. Very happy with the experience. If you go to the service department, ask for Tim. He's great.

Since we like the service there, we chose to buy a 2006 330i from them. Here we dealt with Tom Quinn, who is a low-pressure "client advisor". His knowledge is pretty good, and his willingness to answer questions, show us what we wanted to see and make sure we were getting what we wanted was excellent. Above all, he never tried to hustle us, he always treated us with respect and he's a warm human being.

They have a website at http://www.wagnermotors.com/

The only glitch so far is this. We were told there was a car "on the high seas" exactly matching our choice of colors and options, and it would be available in about 10 days. It was destined for another dealer on the east coast, but since the car had not been ordered, it just had to be transferred to Wagner's books. So we signed up. Something changed overnight and that car appears to no longer be available, so now we have an order on the factory, with a week 26 delivery anticipated. It was not clear to us that this car was not committed to us.

I think there are two problems here.

First, there was a misunderstanding that was quite honest, and I hold no grudge. Second, it would probably be better if BMW did not allocate particular cars to specific dealers until later in the shipping process, but kept them in a "pool" while they are in transit. Then they need a true real-time system so that dealers can lock in the car and commit to the client. We had a similar amount of confusion when we bought our last BMW in '98 (from a different BMW dealer).

As things unfold, I'll keep you posted about Wagner, but so far I would strongly recommend them.

Based on our experience, don't expect a generous trade-in value. Their offer on our '98 Corvette was WAY below KBB trade value. But that's OK. We'll sell it easily privately.

If you go in there, say hi to Tom and Tim.

John

Last edited by johnfkitchen; 05-20-2005 at 06:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2005, 02:50 PM   #2
sawcat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 - 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Same thing happened to me. I was supposed to get a dealer exchange car the week of May 23rd but the dealer who had the car coming, with the specifications I had to have, would not give the car up. My dealer then found other 330's with a short lead time nearly matching my specs, but not exactly. Eventually I had them order the car just the way I wanted it. Got a great price and should take delivery in late June.

I like your idea of an open pool of cars on the boat, but dealers would probably end up cheery picking the best cars (that is easiest/quickest to sell) and leaving some on the docks with no home.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2005, 08:11 AM   #3
johnfkitchen
First Lieutenant
Rep

Here is an update. I'm suffering from the result of over-optimistic estimation of delivery times, which is costing me in car rental.

Based on communication of a 6/6 production complete date, I asked how long after that would I wait to get the car, and was told "three weeks". Reality is over 5.

I asked how long after the car arrives at the dealer would I wait to take delivery, and was told one or two days. Now I'm told that the registration process can't even START until two days after arrival, since the Certificate of Origin normally does not arrive until 2 days after the vehicle does. To that time you have to add more to allow for the fact that DMVs don't work on weekends. So ask the questions carefully, people!

Good news is that they are TALKING about a loaner - I will hear later today. It requires management approval. BTW - I have already PAID for the car to expedite the process, but they don't know when it will arrive - it's on a truck somewhere. The whole BMW tracking process is broken from beginning to end. Great cars though!

UPDATE: Faith in the dealership has just been given a boost.

The good news is that I am now driving a loaner. It's a 325xi with 130 miles on the clock. Very nice even if it's not an E90!

1998 323is SP manual with all the goodies in ArktisSilber + 330i auto SP PP CW iDrive/Nav SatRadio Active Steering Arktis/Beige/Poplar

Last edited by johnfkitchen; 07-09-2005 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: Added information about loaner
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #4
johnfkitchen
First Lieutenant
Rep

Talking

A further update. My 330i suffered a little problem in shipping, but the dealer has stepped up to the mark very well.

For a discussion of the problem and good news about this dealer, go to http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...2491#post22491

I should also point out that my client advisor is away on a few days vacation and sales management has stepped in to handle the situation while he is away. I appreciate this continuity of support.

1998 323is SP manual with all the goodies in ArktisSilber + 330i auto SP PP CW iDrive/Nav SatRadio Active Steering Arktis/Beige/Poplar
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2005, 08:00 AM   #5
johnfkitchen
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yet another update that reflects well on Wagner's.

The delay on my 330i extends as the VPC waits for parts to get through customs. I now expect to get delivery of the car next week. The management at Wagner's has been working with BMWNA to get the situation on track. I am currently driving a loaner - a 2005 325xi with Premium Pack. They now suggest I might like to exchange that for an E90 325i until I get my 330i. Nice. Thanks Wagner's!

PS Picked up the loaner 325i (E90) last night. Automatic TiAg/Gray/Aluminium with Premium Package. Brilliant voice controlled bluetooth! Very nice. No "hesitations" or other funny stuff. A taste of greater things to come!

Last edited by johnfkitchen; 07-22-2005 at 06:57 AM.. Reason: Added PS
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2005, 06:11 PM   #6
deburn
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 ERed MT for lease transfer

John, that's amazing service. those guys must be great
      12-28-2007, 02:51 PM   #7
TJW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Hi all.

My first post here.

Just wanted to say that, in researching my first BMW, I came across this topic and contacted Tom Quinn at Wagner BMW to arrange a test drive. He was as pleasant and helpful as described.

Ordered my 2008 328xi Black/Black Leatherette with:
- Comfort Access
- Heated seats
- Xenon
- Bluetooth

Tom placed the order two weeks ago and told me at that time that it should be in by late January.

Hopefully I have better luck than the original poster!

Can't wait.

-TJW
Appreciate 0