E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > 4 New injectors

08-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

4 New injectors

Had 4 original injectors changed yesterday at Activemotorwerke. Other two done on campaign last year.

Great service from Jin and Steven as usual. Rough idle on cold start has gone car is a hell of a lot smoother... Feels like what i expected the car to feel like... Smooth. The original injectors in my car where in a bad state! the step pause in mild wot has also gone..

I had codes thrown had to have it done but anyone with 60k on the clock with rough idle should look into it. Car is feels night and day different on cold start when second exhaust opens. also did my 7k oil change with brake fluid and coolant.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

My car idles great, but I have noticed doing around 60 km/h in 4th gear under no load there is a minute amount of 'hunting'.

Not really enough to worry about but it has me curious....
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
BMWGTR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Had the same problem a while back.
Rough idle in the morning, car driving like crap when cold.

Changed all the injectors, problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJ View Post
Had 4 original injectors changed yesterday at Activemotorwerke. Other two done on campaign last year.

Great service from Jin and Steven as usual. Rough idle on cold start has gone car is a hell of a lot smoother... Feels like what i expected the car to feel like... Smooth. The original injectors in my car where in a bad state! the step pause in mild wot has also gone..

I had codes thrown had to have it done but anyone with 60k on the clock with rough idle should look into it. Car is feels night and day different on cold start when second exhaust opens. also did my 7k oil change with brake fluid and coolant.

Just curious BMJ why didnt u get it done by the campaign? is it out of warranty thats why it's not covered or the campaign will cover regardless whether warranty or not? Because it's a known fault right? the injectors failing?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
BMJ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Just curious BMJ why didnt u get it done by the campaign? is it out of warranty thats why it's not covered or the campaign will cover regardless whether warranty or not? Because it's a known fault right? the injectors failing?
two where done on campaign, when i first took it to SouthernBM but had faults on others so had it done via extended warranty. Don't know to much about campaign details.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
BMJ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGTR View Post
Had the same problem a while back.
Rough idle in the morning, car driving like crap when cold.

Changed all the injectors, problem solved.
how nice is it!!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJ View Post
two where done on campaign, when i first took it to SouthernBM but had faults on others so had it done via extended warranty. Don't know to much about campaign details.
How does one check to see if the injectors have been changed under the recall? (I imagine the only way is to call the dealer, even then I'm sure they wont be all too helpful?)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
BMJ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
How does one check to see if the injectors have been changed under the recall? (I imagine the only way is to call the dealer, even then I'm sure they wont be all too helpful?)
not sure how you could check that... best bet would be to check with BMW service centre car last went to. They will have record of all work done... or ask previous owner if done and where.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 01:49 AM   #9
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
BMW Aus will have a list of all VINs with 'campaign' work carried out, so best bet is to ask (nicely) your local dealer to see what's been done and also see if you're eligible for work to be done!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 03:42 AM   #10
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
BMW Aus will have a list of all VINs with 'campaign' work carried out, so best bet is to ask (nicely) your local dealer to see what's been done and also see if you're eligible for work to be done!
Once again thanks Stu!
Appreciate 0