E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Ipod via Aux jack

07-23-2007, 08:24 AM   #1
Fortbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Ipod via Aux jack

Non-Idrive car with Logic 7.

If you connect an Ipod via the Aux jack in the center console is there anyway to get music/track information displayed or any sort of control from the stereo or steering wheel controls? I was playing around with a friends ipod and only had control over volume.

I looked around and most information was based on idrive, 6fl and the most interface.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
docmal
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black Saphire 328xi

You can control the volume and thats it.

Aux jacks are simply L+R audio jacks and do not provide any data communication between the devices. Hence, you cannot control the Ipod through the stereo or car in anyway. You can turn the volume up on the stereo and you change the aux input sensitivity.

Many have suggested getting one of the many ipod remote controls and mounting it near the steering wheel so you can leave the IPOD in the console and controls it via the remote control, but I havent done this so I am not sure if it will work.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 10:34 AM   #3
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipo...for-ipod-nano/
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
Fortbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Thanks, I guess that I was a little out of touch with music technology.

I picked up a regular 30GB Ipod and dumped every CD that I had ever purchased 100+ onto the thing and only used about 4.5GB. This is an amazing gadget.

Purchased the Monster power cable and patch cord, put the setup in the center console and I have an endless supply of great sounding music.

Amazing gadget for someone who's first car had an 8 Track player.
Appreciate 0