F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Flat Continental Tire RFT
ARMA SPEED

09-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
persean
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Flat Continental Tire RFT

Just got a nail in my tire i have 225 45 18 tire continental SSRs. Wanted to know if these can be repaired and patched. Ive made phone calls, some some yes, some say no. I wanted to know if anyone knew..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
omer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M8 GC

You can't.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #3
diesel86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by omer View Post
You can't.
Not so fast on that one. Repairing an RFT can be done depending on a few factors. The first one being where is the puncture? Is it in the tread blocks or near the shoulder? Those are questions that would affect any tire repair. The second was low long the tire was run without pressure. If it's determined that it can be repaired, it needs to be done with the tire off the wheel and using the patch and plug method. Keep in mind that when any tire, not just RFT's, are punctured and subsequently repaired, the speed rating is no longer valid.

I pronounce it "Beemer" and turn my fog lights on even when it's not foggy.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
persean
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel86 View Post
Not so fast on that one. Repairing an RFT can be done depending on a few factors. The first one being where is the puncture? Is it in the tread blocks or near the shoulder? Those are questions that would affect any tire repair. The second was low long the tire was run without pressure. If it's determined that it can be repaired, it needs to be done with the tire off the wheel and using the patch and plug method. Keep in mind that when any tire, not just RFT's, are punctured and subsequently repaired, the speed rating is no longer valid.
I bought a continental tire anyways... was suppose to pay almost 500$ but because they screwed something up I got it for 250$. I have tire in my trunk, going to take it somewhere ghetto and see if they can fix it cause everyone else wants me to just buy a new tire from there.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
diesel86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by persean View Post
I bought a continental tire anyways... was suppose to pay almost 500$ but because they screwed something up I got it for 250$. I have tire in my trunk, going to take it somewhere ghetto and see if they can fix it cause everyone else wants me to just buy a new tire from there.
Didn't read the original post closely enough to see that you had the Conti's. The other poster was right in that Conti's and Pirellis are not to be repaired. All the other brands that BMW Specs as RFT's can be repaired.

I pronounce it "Beemer" and turn my fog lights on even when it's not foggy.
Appreciate 0