E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW Stuttgart - a view from across the pond (long!)

11-21-2005, 07:12 PM   #1
jcoo085
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Garage List
2005 320d  [0.00]
BMW Stuttgart - a view from across the pond (long!)

I noticed that this category is mainly for you folks in NA, but I thought I would share my experience from BMW in Germany.

It all started in March of this year when I started looking for a car. Had a look at all the regulars (MB, Audi etc) but decided on a BMW. At first I was thinking of an E60 525d and the dealer gave me a 2 day test drive of a 530d because they didn't have any 525's available. It was a nice car, but a little too big for my needs. Unfortunately they didn't have any E90's in the showroom at that stage. I decided to hold off and make do with [excellent] public transport and the occasional rental car until I could see one in the flesh. Just before easter I went back to see about the E90 and the dealer suggested I take a 320d for four days over the easter holiday.

After still deliberating between the E60 and E90, I finally decided on the 3er and ordered in the 3rd week of April. The car was ready at the end of May, but I couldn't pick it up until the first week of June because I was away. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

While I was waiting for the car, I had a friend visiting from out of town who was also in the market for a new car. So we went to the dealer to have a look around. Met with my Sales Rep and mentioned why we were there. First thing he said was 'Why don't you take one and bring it back sometime on Monday' (this being a Friday evening). He provided a 320d with pretty much the same equipment as I had ordered to use over the weekend.

Now delivery day. Had an appointment to pick it up in the evening and went down there a little early so I could have a coffee or two and look around. While I'm enjoying the coffee, the Sales Rep comes over with the keys and says 'I also have some other things for you'. We head over to the car, and in the boot (trunk) there's floor mats (didn't order these), a BMW sports bag containing a cap and polo shirt, and attached to the fob is a 3er key chain. It was like Christmas!

So, now to the latest. Just today I went down there make an appointment for the winter tyres (buying from the dealer because the one tyre shop nearby won't have winter runflats until January and I really couldn't be bothered shopping around to save a couple of bucks/euros). I also decided to use the opportunity while the car will be in there to try their detailing service (€80 for a full interior clean and exterior wash and wax). So my Sales Rep set the appointment with the service team for Friday and said it would probably take about 3 hours for the whole lot (tyres and detail). He then asked if I would hang around in their waiting area or if I would like to take a car and come back when it's finished. I couldn't believe it! A BMW loaner for 3 hours?

Well, that about sums up the whole experience so far. On Friday I'll see what they give me. Maybe an M5? Ha ha maybe that's wishful thinking. But considering the whole experience so far and how my Sales Rep has gone above and beyond the call of duty, it wouldn't come as a surprise.

E90 320d - Black Ext/Fluid Grey Int | Steptronic | Business Navigation | PDC | Sunroof | Alarm
Exterior Pictures | Interior Pictures | Video
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Congratulations on your purchase. That's a great sales story, and the way we should all be treated!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2005, 04:14 PM   #3
2006bmw
First Class Privates
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Can you imagine what kind of business this dealership would get in NA? We just don't get that kind of service 'round here. *sigh*
      12-17-2005, 08:54 AM   #4
BMW0
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Wow that story sounds wondaba! I hope and wish for service like this, but end-up short handed by lousy disrespectful jerks and such. Only if there were more sales associates like yours jcoo85.

Xmas has truly visited you

"Freude am Fahren" = "Joy to Drive"
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #5
E90AW
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: 07 si

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoo085
I noticed that this category is mainly for you folks in NA, but I thought I would share my experience from BMW in Germany.

It all started in March of this year when I started looking for a car. Had a look at all the regulars (MB, Audi etc) but decided on a BMW. At first I was thinking of an E60 525d and the dealer gave me a 2 day test drive of a 530d because they didn't have any 525's available. It was a nice car, but a little too big for my needs. Unfortunately they didn't have any E90's in the showroom at that stage. I decided to hold off and make do with [excellent] public transport and the occasional rental car until I could see one in the flesh. Just before easter I went back to see about the E90 and the dealer suggested I take a 320d for four days over the easter holiday.

After still deliberating between the E60 and E90, I finally decided on the 3er and ordered in the 3rd week of April. The car was ready at the end of May, but I couldn't pick it up until the first week of June because I was away. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

While I was waiting for the car, I had a friend visiting from out of town who was also in the market for a new car. So we went to the dealer to have a look around. Met with my Sales Rep and mentioned why we were there. First thing he said was 'Why don't you take one and bring it back sometime on Monday' (this being a Friday evening). He provided a 320d with pretty much the same equipment as I had ordered to use over the weekend.

Now delivery day. Had an appointment to pick it up in the evening and went down there a little early so I could have a coffee or two and look around. While I'm enjoying the coffee, the Sales Rep comes over with the keys and says 'I also have some other things for you'. We head over to the car, and in the boot (trunk) there's floor mats (didn't order these), a BMW sports bag containing a cap and polo shirt, and attached to the fob is a 3er key chain. It was like Christmas!

So, now to the latest. Just today I went down there make an appointment for the winter tyres (buying from the dealer because the one tyre shop nearby won't have winter runflats until January and I really couldn't be bothered shopping around to save a couple of bucks/euros). I also decided to use the opportunity while the car will be in there to try their detailing service (€80 for a full interior clean and exterior wash and wax). So my Sales Rep set the appointment with the service team for Friday and said it would probably take about 3 hours for the whole lot (tyres and detail). He then asked if I would hang around in their waiting area or if I would like to take a car and come back when it's finished. I couldn't believe it! A BMW loaner for 3 hours?

Well, that about sums up the whole experience so far. On Friday I'll see what they give me. Maybe an M5? Ha ha maybe that's wishful thinking. But considering the whole experience so far and how my Sales Rep has gone above and beyond the call of duty, it wouldn't come as a surprise.

good english as well.
i'm from slovakia but never had a car buying experience since i moved at the age of 12.
Appreciate 0