E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Random question regarding DMV inspection sticker (NJ).

03-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

Random question regarding DMV inspection sticker (NJ).

Hey guys, don't judge me, but I suffer a bit from OCD. Lol

My car's first inspection is coming up next month and I hate how they carelessly remove the old inspection sticker and slap on a new one with the adhesive and residue being all around it which looks terrible. This happened to my wife's car so this is how I know.

My question is can I show up to the DMV inspection lot without a current inspection sticker (I would have removed it and cleaned the area)? Or will they give me a hard time? By the way it's nearly impossible to remove an inspection sticker intact so I can't just remove it and bring it with me.

If nobody knows I'll just give them a call, but I can already see a phone conversation in which they'll have no idea what I'm talking about. Lol

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
Leekay07
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335XI Sedan

you can remove the old one but keep it in the car on the way to the service center so when your stopped by the police your not ticketed. Use goo gone to and kitchen paper at the bottom of the window
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Luckily for me, I had an DMV employee that was understanding when it came to removing the old sticker. He removed the old sticker, and allowed me to clean the area. He then wanted to make sure the new sticker was postioned straight, and looked neat.
Appreciate 0