E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Here's a really strange Blu-Tooth problem I'm having.

05-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Swish
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sport

Here's a really strange Blu-Tooth problem I'm having.

I've owned my '06 335xi since new and have owned probably 5 or 6 different cell phones during that time, including a Droid, and iPhone, a Nokia Lumia Windows, and I just bought the new Samsung Galaxy S4. I've always been able to pair them to my car via Blu-Tooth without any problem, but I'm having a strange problem with this Samsung.

I have navigation/iDrive and when choosing Communication, all the phone numbers in my contact list appear on the screen...except now they're not! What the heck could have happened? They're all in my phone and it's paired to the car. Calls come through perfectly but the callers (if one of my contacts) isn't identified either, so the car is not recognizing the contact list at all.

Has anyone ever experienced this? It's really annoying me because I drive so much and get a lot of business calls.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Never experienced this, but have u considered removing all BT devices that r saved in the car? Then delete all phone books from the voice activated dialing. Now u should be at square 1, so go ahead and add the new device that has the issue.

Obviously, make sure to backup any saved phone numbers in ur voice activated dialer.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Swish
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sport

I did remove the other phones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Never experienced this, but have u considered removing all BT devices that r saved in the car? Then delete all phone books from the voice activated dialing. Now u should be at square 1, so go ahead and add the new device that has the issue.

Obviously, make sure to backup any saved phone numbers in ur voice activated dialer.
...each time I added a new one. I expected my contacts to appear and nada.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
GoRomeo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Delete phone and add again? Do a soft reset on your phone by removing battery as well.
Appreciate 0