Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Another wheel set-up question

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
turbofever21
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i xDrive - manual

Another wheel set-up question

I have searched a little and was previously tossing around the idea of bbs rims and AG's back and forth for a little.... I just pulled the trigger on Avante garde 310's 19x8.5 +35 and 19x9.5 +33.... these will be my third set of wheels (currently my summer set-up was 193m's with michellin pilot super sports and winter was Moda rims 18x8 (square) with winter tires) I just wanted something more aggressive and to switch things up once in awhile, I won't be lowering my e92 xdrive anytime soon. The car has m-sport package which might make a difference.

What would be the easiest/best set-up for tires, I don't want to roll my fenders, don't want to worry about rubbing as the roads aren't too good by me, and MOST OF ALL I don't want to worry about messing up the xdrive by having too much of a rolling difference...... Rims are 19's and by searching I'm contemplating

235x35 for front and 265x30 for rear (seems to be the most popular)
or
245x35 for front and 275x30 for rear
or
235x40 for front and 265x35 for rear

I apologize for the repetitive thread but didn't want to thread jack another.
If anyone has a link to a calculator that I can input my front/rear setup and have it tell me the % it would be helpful.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

I went for option a 235 front and 275 rear on my e90. No issues but you have a coupe.
Appreciate 0