E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Car went into limp mode

07-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Chicks-Love-Bimmers
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: FBO 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Car went into limp mode

So my car has been going into limp mode as of lately, the codes I'm getting are p2eff - electric fans self diagnosis and p2f0d radiator blind (glf). The car would say its overheating and runs really slow. Any idea what this can be? I'm thinking water pump and thermostat needs to be replaced, but I'm not positive, maybe the radiator needs to be replaced too? The car is FBO with 50k miles
      07-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
Mr.Rnow
*_*809*_*
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW E9x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks-Love-Bimmers
So my car has been going into limp mode as of lately, the codes I'm getting are p2eff - electric fans self diagnosis and p2f0d radiator blind (glf). The car would say its overheating and runs really slow. Any idea what this can be? I'm thinking water pump and thermostat needs to be replaced, but I'm not positive, maybe the radiator needs to be replaced too? The car is FBO with 50k miles
My car did a similar thing yesterday i wast driving on NJ state parkway and i notice a yellow thermostat came on the dash not a sec went by and it turn red i was losing power no acceleration at all so i park right away and turn off my car pop the hood coolant was all over my coolant tank, i let the car seat for 15 to 20 min and turn the car back on went stray to the nearest autozone and bought a coolant but I'm thinking my water pump is dying since my fan kits in so hard.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
spectacula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Rnow View Post
My car did a similar thing yesterday i wast driving on NJ state parkway and i notice a yellow thermostat came on the dash not a sec went by and it turn red i was losing power no acceleration at all so i park right away and turn off my car pop the hood coolant was all over my coolant tank, i let the car seat for 15 to 20 min and turn the car back on went stray to the nearest autozone and bought a coolant but I'm thinking my water pump is dying since my fan kits in so hard.
i think that is the sign of dying water pump
      07-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Chicks-Love-Bimmers
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: FBO 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Rnow View Post
Yeah same thing happened to me, the coolant was like boiling and someone at BMW just topped my car off with some coolant. It ran okay after that but was really slow and felt laggy
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
Mr.Rnow
*_*809*_*
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW E9x

I will buy the pump from a seller on ebay because dealer is almost $500 just for the pump and lets not even talk about labor....
Appreciate 0