E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Help:Check engine light on with cobb stage 2+

07-21-2013, 01:48 AM   #1
styles50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is fbo/meth/Rb/Cobb

Help:Check engine light on with cobb stage 2+

Hey guys
I'm having this issue that the yellow service engine soon light turns on after installing my catless dp. I running cobb stage 2 +st aggressive. Everything was working fine no light no codes but I went on vacation and the car wasn't used for 2 weeks. Today I turned it on and this light came on. However the car feels great no rough idle no rattle every runs smooth and I feel the power just this damn light is on im sure the o2sensors are installed right bc the car runs perfect but when I read the codes they say it's catalytic related. The car has 10k mls and I don't abuse it so it can't be any parts that needs to be replace. I clear the codes and it stays off the remaining time I'm driving but once I turn off the car and start it up again it comes on after 10min of driving My next solution is to buy bms dp fix and leave it on.

I searched for hours even went into other car forums that are running cobb but didn't find an answer. anyone have an idea what's wrong?
      07-21-2013, 03:11 AM   #2
Dan_335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Standard issue with catless dp's

I'm not sure if he COBB has a code delete for it, if it doesn't grab the BMS dp fix as you alluded to

Problem solved!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 03:20 AM   #3
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

Read the codes. U should not get post cat codes on stage 2, those are disabled.
Appreciate 0