E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Noise when slowing down from rear

12-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
jdibrahi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Noise when slowing down from rear

This is my first post; usually any issues i have I'm able to solve thanks to all the die hards who have been answering and posting previously. i have a 2006 4 door 325i.i have 74k miles on it. recently i have noticed a sound coming from the rear driver side for the past few weeks. it almost sounds like rocks kicking up and hitting the wheel well over and over or a hooker in the trunk knocking! or stuff moving around in the trunk haha it happens when i am decelerating, slowing for signals or stop signs. i really haven't found a way to recreate it since it doesn't always happen it just happens often. I've lowered the rear seats and cleared everything out of the trunk including the tool kit and what not and driven around and the sound isn't any louder than with the seats in their proper position. I've driven over bumps purposely to see if the noise happens but it doesn't cause the noise. if you guys could help me out i would really appreciate it. if you guys need any more details on the problem or my car let me know! merry christmas all!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdibrahi
This is my first post; usually any issues i have I'm able to solve thanks to all the die hards who have been answering and posting previously. i have a 2006 4 door 325i.i have 74k miles on it. recently i have noticed a sound coming from the rear driver side for the past few weeks. it almost sounds like rocks kicking up and hitting the wheel well over and over or a hooker in the trunk knocking! or stuff moving around in the trunk haha it happens when i am decelerating, slowing for signals or stop signs. i really haven't found a way to recreate it since it doesn't always happen it just happens often. I've lowered the rear seats and cleared everything out of the trunk including the tool kit and what not and driven around and the sound isn't any louder than with the seats in their proper position. I've driven over bumps purposely to see if the noise happens but it doesn't cause the noise. if you guys could help me out i would really appreciate it. if you guys need any more details on the problem or my car let me know! merry christmas all!
Merry Christmas!

If you could a video would be nice for more help.
      12-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
jdibrahi
Registered
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
Merry Christmas!

If you could a video would be nice for more help.
ill try and get one up in the morning! I'm gunna do a little more detective work as well, pull the wheel off and get the carpets out of the trunk and see if its a shock mount or maybe a bushing so should have some interesting updates in the morning; thank you for the reply btw!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
jdibrahi
Registered
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Finally problem solved! Frustrated because I tore my whore trunk out and pulled the shocks and the problem was a plastic covering piece from under the car dragging and banging up against the car every so often. Will post picture of culprit soon
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
Three_thirty_I
Lieutenant Colonel
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '05 E90 330i Manual

Garage List
Glad that you managed to solve this!

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdibrahi
Finally problem solved! Frustrated because I tore my whore trunk out and pulled the shocks and the problem was a plastic covering piece from under the car dragging and banging up against the car every so often. Will post picture of culprit soon
Damn! what option trunk was that man?? lol j/k I know what you meant.

Glad you got it sorted out man