E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help! Can't fix factory Xenon headlight. Troubleshooting?

01-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
combatcarry
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

Help! Can't fix factory Xenon headlight. Troubleshooting?

My right low beam factory Xenon headlight began flickering on/off last week. It finally quit working all together. Upon searching E90post and others I found that the first step is switching the bulbs, the second is switching the balasts, then???

I have switched the bulbs and the ballasts and nothing makes the right headlight work. So it appears I have two good ballasts and two good bulbs. What else could it be?

Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

So the right bulb works fine in the left socket and the right ballast successfully lights the (original) left bulb?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 07:10 PM   #3
combatcarry
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

Yes everything works on the left side. The swapped bulb, the ignitor, and I just now swapped the active headlights module. I assume the bulb, ignitor, and active headlight module all work because they always light the left side. I also check the fuses and connections the best I could at the headlight.

Any other suggestions?
Appreciate 0