E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Repeated Services in my 2010 335d

01-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #1
SoCalSam
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Repeated Services in my 2010 335d

Today I brought in my 2010 335d for service. This the tenth time I have so based on a "Service Engine Soon" light since I purchased the car as a CPO in Feb 2013.

I am working with BMWNA on the case and hoping they buy the car back. However, I enjoy the car to no end, when I am actually driving it. The power and MPG are unbeatable and I would want another one. However, the wife brought up the valid point about buying the same problem all over again.

Anyone else have repetitive issues with their 335d?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #2
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSam View Post
Today I brought in my 2010 335d for service. This the tenth time I have so based on a "Service Engine Soon" light since I purchased the car as a CPO in Feb 2013.

I am working with BMWNA on the case and hoping they buy the car back. However, I enjoy the car to no end, when I am actually driving it. The power and MPG are unbeatable and I would want another one. However, the wife brought up the valid point about buying the same problem all over again.

Anyone else have repetitive issues with their 335d?
There are a lot of posts in the M57 diesel sub-forum regarding things like this.
Likely, it's continued problems with the DEF/SCR system. There have also been problems with the EGR system, and some instances of the DDE (ECU) and injectors not talking to each other properly (lots of injector replacements before BMW will authorize a DDE replacement.)
Appreciate 0