E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 2010 E92 M3 Original Warranty Expiring

02-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
briancl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

2010 E92 M3 Original Warranty Expiring

Hi Everyone,

Pleasantly suprised with my visit to the dealership and finding out my recent 2010 purchase is still under warranty for 1k miles. They advised for an oil change and wiper change. Mentioned the rear view mirror is starting to bubble, and they would take a look.

With the warranty coming up and all the routine maintenance done, what else should I be discussing that will be covered under warranty? Are spark plugs covered? Differential fluid? I see the rotors are covered, how would I get them to replace as I plan to own the car for a few more years up to 100k miles.

I'd appreciate any feedback as the car is absolutely amazing and I love every second of this experience. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
cxc511
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 328 6MT

Congrats on your purchase. BMW maintenance covers oil change, break fluid flush, wiper blades, brake pads and rotors, air / cabin filter replacement, and wiper blades. The dealer can perform service based on scanning your key which provides the car's assessment of what needs to be done (conditions based service.) Spark plugs, differential fluid would not be covered.

With the warranty expiring soon, you might ask the dealer to give it a quick once over while they are performing service to see if anything looks to be out of order. If you had a pre-purchase inspection I doubt this would turn up anything. However it can't hurt, and just pay attention to the car as your drive it for the next thousand miles.

Last edited by cxc511; 02-25-2014 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
briancl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxc511 View Post
Congrats on your purchase. BMW maintenance covers oil change, break fluid flush, wiper blades, brake pads and rotors, air / cabin filter replacement, and wiper blades. The dealer can perform service based on scanning your key which provides the car's assessment of what needs to be done (conditions based service.) Spark plugs, differential fluid would not be covered.

With the warranty expiring soon, you might ask the dealer to give it a quick once over while they are performing service to see if anything looks to be out of order. If you had a pre-purchase inspection I doubt this would turn up anything. However it can't hurt, and just pay attention to the car as your drive it for the next thousand miles.
Thank you. I just got back from Shelly BMW in Buena Park, CA and i highly recommend their service and attitude. They treated me with sincere care and attention. I will be bringing my car to this dealer in the future. Also, you are correct the car's assessment is what they go off of for any changes. The Service Advisor said the system needs to say "Recommended" before they will perform that particular maintenance.

Will definitely bring the car in one last time before as I will be on my own after. Appreciate the kind words and wisdom and I hope everyone has a pleasant experience!
Appreciate 0