E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > HPFP dying???

02-27-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
waterbottle1
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

HPFP dying???

so i tried turn my car on after a short period of time today..
kept cranking but no engine start... for about 10 seconds .. so i stopped.

then waited and wondered what the issue is..
tried again and it turned on reallll quick! got my laptop out and plugged it in. and NO CODES were detected.

then i did an oil change.. as it was due anyway...once completed started it up and car started realll quick again with no trouble. Later on, i did some logging... HPFP idles at 5.. and at max throttle its around 13-15 which seems fine.

BUT
why did it crank for 10 seconds??? is it my high pressure fuel pump dying...it aint even maxing out.... (im lost....)

any one have ne ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 08:47 AM   #2
oby_1
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

i just had this same experience with my 08. sometimes it would long crank with no rhyme or reason. sometimes long crank, sometimes not. other times it would long crank and then stumble and then finally start.

i just took the car in last week and they did some testing and ended up replacing my hpfp under CPO. as far as i know the only code i was throwing at the time was a lpfp sensor and that was replaced as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2014, 05:03 AM   #3
waterbottle1
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

trutru,
for past two days been testing if it failed to start properly,
seems totally fine after my engine oil change, but i doubt that effects this... but yeh.. no issues wats so ever so far. lol
so random, wish a code came up so i know wat it was...
Appreciate 0