F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > GPS Professional x Bluetooth music in Galaxy S4
Studio RSR

03-13-2014, 04:13 PM   #1
BrasWien
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d xDrive GT Modern Lines

GPS Professional x Bluetooth music in Galaxy S4

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place... I've got a 320d GT and my GPS Professional recognizes (Bluetooth) my mobile Galaxy S4, but only the address book. Is is possible to make it play the music from the mobile as well? I didn't find a way to do that...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

I note the same when using my iPhone 5s with Professional nav. I have gone through the settings but was not able to find a way to activate bluetooth music audio. I think the only way to do it is via USB cable.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
BrasWien
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-m4n View Post
I note the same when using my iPhone 5s with Professional nav. I have gone through the settings but was not able to find a way to activate bluetooth music audio. I think the only way to do it is via USB cable.
Thanks, x-m4n. I just read in the ConnectedDrive webpage that there is no way to play music with bluetooth connection, only with USB cable (this works, I tested). With APPS they say you can play webradio, but I haven't tested it as yet.

Another feature I will test tomorrow is the SEND TO CAR feature of google maps... This I think will be really nice to have.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 05:00 AM   #4
Frille
Registered
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d GT Sport

I just picked up my brand new 320d GT yesterday and last evening I managed to stream music from both Spotify and MP3's on my Galaxy S4 via Bluetooth. It was not obvious how to do the setup and took some time to get it right..but now it works greate. When i get in to my car now and starts the engine, after a few seconds (bluetooth connect) Spotify will continue to play automatically from where it was pausen when I locked up the car..(as long as I don't close the app in my phone).

But I don't have the navigator, I have the: 6NS - Enhanced USB & Bluetooth kit.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
BrasWien
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frille View Post
I just picked up my brand new 320d GT yesterday and last evening I managed to stream music from both Spotify and MP3's on my Galaxy S4 via Bluetooth. It was not obvious how to do the setup and took some time to get it right..but now it works greate.
Congrats for your new GT. You'll love it.

Could you share with us how you configured the bluetooth connection?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #6
Frille
Registered
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d GT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrasWien View Post
Congrats for your new GT. You'll love it.

Could you share with us how you configured the bluetooth connection?
Bluetooth SW in car: TX-003.004.031-003.004
Android version: 4.4.2 (KitKat)

First the reseller "Paired" my galaxy with the bluetooth phone interface in the car.

Then I hade to activate the audio interface with the following steps: (I dont remember the sequence)

- In car from Main menu -> CD/Multimedia - External devices - Add new device.
- From the added device - Configure Bluetoth - Choose/check "Bluetoth audio"
- From the added device - Configure device - Choose/check "Telephone" and "Audio"
- In your galaxy from the Bluetooth settings - select settings for your paired car and check that both phone and audio is selected.
- From "Audio" now select your phone as source, in your galaxy play som music..Now it will work (?)
(Dont forget to check Samsung's output volume and the cars volume as well..my first misstake)

When playing Spotify I will get the Artist/Album/Song info in the car display and can skip to next song from iDrive control..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 11:32 AM   #7
BrasWien
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frille View Post

Then I hade to activate the audio interface with the following steps: (I dont remember the sequence)
Well, Frille, thank you for the explanations. I tried the options you mentioned several times, but I couldn't find any "audio" option in the menus and screens. The only option available for my Galaxy S4 is "telephone". I suppose one must have the "Enhanced Bluetooth" option that you mentioned.

Thanks and enjoy your wireless music!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 10:59 AM   #8
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Great song there Frille!
Appreciate 0