F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Navigation map keeps rebooting
ARMA SPEED

04-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
BooGooBird
BooGooBird
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW F30 335i

Navigation map keeps rebooting

Hi guys, i have a 2012 F30 CIC with NA premium 2014-2 map updated version. Recently experiencing some problems with navigation, here is the story: everything was fine after updated map, with no problem on routing and rerouting. After coding bmw online and updated service, (not sure this is the reason cause navi problem or not) the navigation works fine when not routing, however, the map will frozen when destination set, both frozen on CIC and HUD, only the map and direction on HUD will frozen, you can still zoom in and out, or you can option right, and check last destination left, but nothing will change the map, and anything else is fine. after a while the CIC will reboots itself and will ask you resuming or stop routing, when resuming, it will repeat the loop where cic keeps rebooting; when stop routing, the map will show the position where the map was frozen instead of current position(because i am driving and testing the map), and it will be back to current position after while. Tried reverse bmw online coding, and seems not working. Does anybody had the same or simular issue?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
Audifan
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i Xi M Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOoZ
Hi guys, i have a 2012 F30 CIC with NA premium 2014-2 map updated version. Recently experiencing some problems with navigation, here is the story: everything was fine after updated map, with no problem on routing and rerouting. After coding bmw online and updated service, (not sure this is the reason cause navi problem or not) the navigation works fine when not routing, however, the map will frozen when destination set, both frozen on CIC and HUD, only the map and direction on HUD will frozen, you can still zoom in and out, or you can option right, and check last destination left, but nothing will change the map, and anything else is fine. after a while the CIC will reboots itself and will ask you resuming or stop routing, when resuming, it will repeat the loop where cic keeps rebooting; when stop routing, the map will show the position where the map was frozen instead of current position(because i am driving and testing the map), and it will be back to current position after while. Tried reverse bmw online coding, and seems not working. Does anybody had the same or simular issue?

Thanks
Any phones paired? Try unpairing phone and deleting spam e mail and e mail with large distribution lists and/or attachments....
2007 VW GTi
2000 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOoZ View Post

Thanks
Try VO coding your HU_CIC back to factory defaults and see if that clears it.

Did the 2014-2 maps ever work for you? I have not updated to that version yet, so I can't verify that they work properly.

If VO coding your HU_CIC doesn't help, you might try reverting to the 2014-1 maps to see if that clears the issue.

I also replied to your post on the coding thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #4
BooGooBird
BooGooBird
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
Try VO coding your HU_CIC back to factory defaults and see if that clears it.

Did the 2014-2 maps ever work for you? I have not updated to that version yet, so I can't verify that they work properly.

If VO coding your HU_CIC doesn't help, you might try reverting to the 2014-1 maps to see if that clears the issue.

I also replied to your post on the coding thread.
Hey Frogman,

I saw your post i will give it a try this afternoon. Hope it will clear the problem. I lost my coding note so i wasnt sure if i coded that juction view or not. And i remember there is another code called bmap_juction_view?
Could you please check yours if this is default by aktv or nich_aktv? And 2014-2 is working on my 2012 f30, it was working perfect until i coded something, so i pretty sure this has nothing to do with map version. I will see if turn off the juction view will clear the error. Pleas let me know your bmpa_juction_view is currently on aktv or nich_aktv

Thanks much man
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #5
BooGooBird
BooGooBird
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audifan View Post
Any phones paired? Try unpairing phone and deleting spam e mail and e mail with large distribution lists and/or attachments....
Another topic, can you sync your email from your iphone when is connected?
I can only sync my messages from phone but not email. I have the most current version of bmw spftware i beileve it is file 1006. Do you think i have to do something on my phone?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 05:06 PM   #6
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey Frogman,

I saw your post i will give it a try this afternoon. Hope it will clear the problem. I lost my coding note so i wasnt sure if i coded that juction view or not. And i remember there is another code called bmap_juction_view?
Could you please check yours if this is default by aktv or nich_aktv? And 2014-2 is working on my 2012 f30, it was working perfect until i coded something, so i pretty sure this has nothing to do with map version. I will see if turn off the juction view will clear the error. Pleas let me know your bmpa_juction_view is currently on aktv or nich_aktv

Thanks much man
My BITMAP_JUNCTION_VIEW is aktiv by default.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #7
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Another topic, can you sync your email from your iphone when is connected?
I can only sync my messages from phone but not email. I have the most current version of bmw spftware i beileve it is file 1006. Do you think i have to do something on my phone?
No, e-mail is not reliable for me either and the BMW compatibility site still says that SMS and e-mail is NOT supported for IOS.

There's a good thread in the UK forum that talks about techniques to get it working.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=895090

and this one too:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=968891

The basic problem seems to be that IOS won't push notifications via BT unless they are marked as priority messages. SMS seems to be set this way automatically, but not e-mail. By closing the Mail app and/or changing the notification count in IOS for messages, IOS will then mark e-mail notifications as priority (feature or bug?) and the car will see them.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #8
BooGooBird
BooGooBird
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
My BITMAP_JUNCTION_VIEW is aktiv by default.
It worked!
Thannnnks a lot man
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 11:55 PM   #9
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It worked!