THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB 1200 Mile Service

04-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
PigWig
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i X-Drive

1200 Mile Service

So I called to check with my dealership here in Arkansas, and they do in fact offer a 1200 mile service on the M235i. My service advisor, who I've used for years, said that all M cars are recommended to be serviced at 1200 miles, and that it is included (free) with the BMW maintenance plan.

I've got mine scheduled for about 10 days out as my vehicle is currently sitting at ~1050 miles. I'll give you guys an update of what is performed once I get it taken care of. I've seen some questions on this topic, so I figured I'd weigh in. He's also going to check on whether or not the AFE intake kit would effect the vehicle's warranty, so I'll give you an update on that as well once I get an answer.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigWig View Post
So I called to check with my dealership here in Arkansas, and they do in fact offer a 1200 mile service on the M235i. My service advisor, who I've used for years, said that all M cars are recommended to be serviced at 1200 miles, and that it is included (free) with the BMW maintenance plan.

I've got mine scheduled for about 10 days out as my vehicle is currently sitting at ~1050 miles. I'll give you guys an update of what is performed once I get it taken care of. I've seen some questions on this topic, so I figured I'd weigh in. He's also going to check on whether or not the AFE intake kit would effect the vehicle's warranty, so I'll give you an update on that as well once I get an answer.
Quite a few people here have gotten turned down for that service by BMWNA since they say this isn't a required service. While it's true that M cars come with break in oil and require such a service, this isn't an M car so it doesn't appear to come with such a requirement and probably comes with just normal oil. If you get them to pull it through, awesome. It just doesn't seem to be a requirement for this car.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
This is a repost.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=972750

Mine goes in for 1200 mile service on May 1st.
Appreciate 0