M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

05-14-2014, 03:35 AM   #1
JLu
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

14 RS7

Not that I dont like M5, I love it so much especially the luxury feature and monster engine. I am thinking the new 14 RS7, which looks so fly especially that 21" rims. I love that rim so much. Just wanna hear how ppl think about these two cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 06:25 AM   #2
Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLu
Not that I dont like M5, I love it so much especially the luxury feature and monster engine. I am thinking the new 14 RS7, which looks so fly especially that 21" rims. I love that rim so much. Just wanna hear how ppl think about these two cars.
Do a search this has been discussed extensively in numerous threads.....get the Audi
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 06:46 AM   #3
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Get the Audi. It's made for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
RajG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP

The back of the RS7 is tough to get used to.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 10:19 PM   #5
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajG View Post
The back of the RS7 is tough to get used to.
Agree with that
And it doesn't have the Status of The ICONIC M5
But I personally believe it could be a more special car even if mass crowds don't perceive that at the moment.. Front is amazing but rear is plain hideous, Not sure probably a tie overall which is something great for Audi...

But again not as iconic as M5

M5 is received differently by the lay people and I am sure that RS7 with the Dynamic Suspension could be as fun as M5 but you are gonna have to prepare to TELL people how special that RS7 car is and explain why it is worth its 100k+ price tag and prove it is faster than most cars to others while with M5 you don't need any of this drama and dare I say same applies for E63 AMG S! ! But closer to M5 status than RS7.

M5 is a statement of 30 years old M division -

Get the RS7 for a change but know it is not an M car in the eyes of the beholder and you can't change that as only time can - and I believe it will as Audi proved to be a tough competitor -

Last edited by soooma; 05-14-2014 at 10:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
TC M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTS,458italia, '14RR Ghost

I does look aggressive but not sure about the back design . Too many buttons on the inside
Attached Images

05-14-2014, 10:31 PM   #7
TC M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

😬
Attached Images

05-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #8
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC M3 View Post
I does look aggressive but not sure about the back design . Too many buttons on the inside
you need to drive one bro in this set up:

Dynamic everything ON

except Steering (use Auto setup) and suspension (use Auto setup). Only use Auto setup under the suspension if its steel springs. If its air then use Dynamic.

When you put the car in D (drive LOL) pull it down one more time to enable D-S (drive sport mode). The car feels like it has a mini tune built in and there is actually some sound from the 4.0 TT engine. Simple tunes are trapping that car at 130 and 10.8 in the quarter.

The back end always looks better in person as Im seeing so many S7's lately that look good to me. The M5 was a good car for me for about 6 months... Id bet the RS7 lasts longer.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #9
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC M3
😬
I really dig this color....
      05-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #10
TC M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55
Quote:
you need to drive one bro in this set up:

Dynamic everything ON

except Steering (use Auto setup) and suspension (use Auto setup). Only use Auto setup under the suspension if its steel springs. If its air then use Dynamic.

When you put the car in D (drive LOL) pull it down one more time to enable D-S (drive sport mode). The car feels like it has a mini tune built in and there is actually some sound from the 4.0 TT engine. Simple tunes are trapping that car at 130 and 10.8 in the quarter.

The back end always looks better in person as Im seeing so many S7's lately that look good to me. The M5 was a good car for me for about 6 months... Id bet the RS7 lasts longer.
Nice thanks for the tip ! I'm gonna test drive it this afternoon !
      05-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #11
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

I got to play around with an RS7 about a month ago.

- Diffuser and exhaust tips look pretty cool.
- I actually like the pop up spoiler on the rear deck lid.
- Instrument Cluster Screen is pretty cool.
- Cross stitching on the seats and how the front seats look (The Non-Perforated Leather Seat).
- Stock 21" wheels look cool.
- Spacious rear seats
- Huge Trunk area
- Front Black Grille looks pretty cool and I like that it comes from the factory with a Splitter lip.
- Headlights and LED DRL's look mean.
- How there are quite a few buttons and controls on the lower center console, like where the start button for the engine is. Pretty cool design.
- Comes with Carbon Fiber Trim in the interior looks great. Where as the M5 does not come with it.
- The Night Vision displays right in the god damn center of the instrument cluster screen. Genius! Lol!
- I like how you can get a front view camera on the RS7 and not just a Backup Camera. This is different than the Surround View on the M5's Drivers Assistance package, which only look down and the sides.
- You can order a Sports Exhaust System as a FACTORY Option! Sounds pretty good too!
- You can also order a bunch of Carbon Fiber bits for the exterior from the factory. BMW should seriously look into doing something like this.
- Humongous sunroof.
- Comes standard with the Bose Surround Sound System, which is better than the Standard Harmon Kardon the F10 M5 gets.

Dislikes:
- Too plain looking from side view angles. The only thing that really sets the RS7 off from looking directly at it from the side are the wheels. There are no side grills in the front fenders to show that it's something more special than a regular A7.
- Hate the Auto Transmission and everything about it. How it looks, feels and operates.
- Don't like how in order to get power folding side view mirrors with anti-glare and heating, you have to get the Drivers Assistance Package. That comes standard on the F10 M5.
- You have to pay $3,000 extra just for an Alcantara Headliner. WTF?! Should come standard on an RS7!
- Bang & Olufsen sound system is $5,900 and sounds worse than on F10 M5. I've listened to the B&O in the RS7 in person.
- I personally don't like the pop screen for the navigation and car systems. Looks kind of out of place, but I do like to watch it go up and down. Lol!
- Steering wheel feels too thin and the quality of leather on the steering wheel feels nicer on the F10 M5.
- Fastback design looks bad from some angles and looks great from others. Overall, I think I dislike it more than like it.
- Cylinder Deactivation is stupid. Then again Auto Start Stop is stupid too.
- No Option for Carbon Ceramic Brakes like the M5 has.
- Higher Base Price than an M5 but still lower than an M6 Gran Coupe.

Advantages:
- AWD! Stock RS7's have been recorded 0-60 times of like 3.2 seconds. Ridiculous!
- Tuning of the Engines ECU has proven to be Super retardedly easy. Even a Caveman could tune the RS7's ECU, where as on the F10 M5, not even Steven Hawking with a quantum computer can crack the ECU's encryption.

Disadvantages:
- Heavier than the M5, but AWD so it negates some of that weight.
- Suspension needs some serious tuning. You can watch videos of the RS7 on the track and it rocks and rolls worse than a Cruise Ship in a hurricane.
- The M5 (especially with Comp Pack) is a more dynamically composed car when driving it at the limit.

Overall, the RS7 reminds me too much of a Station Wagon and not that I think that Station Wagons are bad, I'm a Sedan guy when it comes to these kinds of cars.

Anyways, all this has been said before, but I thought I'd lay it all out again, cause I like to type words.

Last edited by RPiM5; 05-15-2014 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #12
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I got to play around with an RS7 about a month ago.

- Diffuser and exhaust tips look pretty cool.
- I actually like the pop up spoiler on the rear deck lid.
- Instrument Cluster Screen is pretty cool.
- Cross stitching on the seats and how the front seats look (The Non-Perforated Leather Seat).
- Stock 21" wheels look cool.
- Spacious rear seats
- Huge Trunk area
- Front Black Grille looks pretty cool and I like that it comes from the factory with a Splitter lip.
- Headlights and LED DRL's look mean.
- How there are quite a few buttons and controls on the lower center console, like where the start button for the engine is. Pretty cool design.
- Comes with Carbon Fiber Trim in the interior looks great. Where as the M5 does not come with it.
- The Night Vision displays right in the god damn center of the instrument cluster screen. Genius! Lol!
- I like how you can get a front view camera on the RS7 and not just a Backup Camera. This is different than the Surround View on the M5's Drivers Assistance package, which only look down and the sides.
- You can order a Sports Exhaust System as a FACTORY Option! Sounds pretty good too!
- You can also order a bunch of Carbon Fiber bits for the exterior from the factory. BMW should seriously look into doing something like this.
- Humongous sunroof.
- Comes standard with the Bose Surround Sound System, which is better than the Standard Harmon Kardon the F10 M5 gets.

Dislikes:
- Too plain looking from side view angles. The only thing that really sets the RS7 off from looking directly at it from the side are the wheels. There are no side grills in the front fenders to show that it's something more special than a regular A7.
- Hate the Auto Transmission and everything about it. How it looks, feels and operates.
- Don't like how in order to get power folding side view mirrors with anti-glare and heating, you have to get the Drivers Assistance Package. That comes standard on the F10 M5.
- You have to pay $3,000 extra just for an Alcantara Headliner. WTF?! Should come standard on an RS7!
- Bang & Olufsen sound system is $5,900 and sounds worse than on F10 M5. I've listened to the B&O in the RS7 in person.
- I personally don't like the pop screen for the navigation and car systems. Looks kind of out of place, but I do like to watch it go up and down. Lol!
- Steering wheel feels too thin and the quality of leather on the steering wheel feels nicer on the F10 M5.
- Fastback design looks bad from some angles and looks great from others. Overall, I think I dislike it more than like it.
- Cylinder Deactivation is stupid. Then again Auto Start Stop is stupid too.
- No Option for Carbon Ceramic Brakes like the M5 has.
- Higher Base Price than an M5 but still lower than an M6 Gran Coupe.

Advantages:
- AWD! Stock RS7's have been recorded 0-60 times of like 3.2 seconds. Ridiculous!
- Tuning of the Engines ECU has proven to be Super retardedly easy. Even a Caveman could tune the RS7's ECU, where as on the F10 M5, not even Steven Hawking with a quantum computer can crack the ECU's encryption.

Disadvantages:
- Heavier than the M5, but AWD so it negates some of that weight.
- Suspension needs some serious tuning. You can watch videos of the RS7 on the track and it rocks and rolls worse than a Cruise Ship in a hurricane.
- The M5 (especially with Comp Pack) is a more dynamically composed car when driving it at the limit.

Overall, the RS7 reminds me too much of a Station Wagon and not that I think that Station Wagons are bad, I'm a Sedan guy when it comes to these kinds of cars.

Anyways, all this has been said before, but I thought I'd lay it all out again, cause I like to type words.
Almost said that -
Nice post (Loved it -; )

Last edited by soooma; 05-15-2014 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #13
RajG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Almost said that -
Nice post (Loved it -; )
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #14
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Anybody have any good shots of the interior?
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #15
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM5 View Post
Anybody have any good shots of the interior?
AUDIUSA.COM has some pretty decent pictures of the interior with their configurator. No shots of the back seats though.

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 10:00 AM   #16
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Update?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #17
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a lot!

Quote:
U in the market for a new car so soon after the E63? Car dealers must loooove you!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #18
bobs619
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Saphire Black F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajG
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Almost said that -
Nice post (Loved it -; )
+1
+2 very informative and concise review on how Audi is a chicks car
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 11:37 AM   #19
TC M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
Quote:
U in the market for a new car so soon after the E63? Car dealers must loooove you!
Not really I just want to have my opinion on the rs7 not planning on buying an Audi anytime soon.

Looking for a C63 black series to trade my C63 ed 1. If anyone knows of one pls let me know .

Thx
      05-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #20
TC M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55
Quote:
Update?
I drove it and I liked it ! Was raining hard too. Very fast too . But wouldn't buy it . Steering felt disconnected . But like some of you said , the back of the car is not so bad in person !
      05-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #21
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I drove it and I liked it ! Was raining hard too. Very fast too . But wouldn't buy it . Steering felt disconnected . But like some of you said , the back of the car is not so bad in person !
how did you set up the steering? If you left it in dynamic it will have too much understeer with the Quattro.

Yep, the back is an acquired taste not much unlike the E60 BangleButt LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 02:37 PM   #22
TC M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
how did you set up the steering? If you left it in dynamic it will have too much understeer with the Quattro.

Yep, the back is an acquired taste not much unlike the E60 BangleButt LOL
It was on dynamic mode I like the colors for the RS7 < nardo grey and that grey Matte