E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Denville BMW NJ

12-29-2005, 10:43 AM   #1
BMWalopez01
Experienced
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325xiT

Garage List
2006 E91  [0.00]
Smile Denville BMW NJ

Does anyone had a deal with this dealer?
So far the service has been very good.
Any one from NJ knows a bout thier service department? Any inputs
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWalopez01
Does anyone had a deal with this dealer?
So far the service has been very good.
Any one from NJ knows a bout thier service department? Any inputs
Denville (Gerhart) BMW on Route 46 was my dealer for 5 years before I moved to CT 5 years ago. They are by far the best dealer for service that I have ever experienced: When I was their customer, their prices were reasonable, they did quality work, they followed-up with the customer, they scheduled in a timely manner - also, if they promised you a loaner you got a loaner. A BMW loaner!!!If you give them last minute instructions for repairs not on the original appointment roster, they did their best to address these repairs during your appointment. Never had a problem with Denville BMW. I only wish that I lived closer to them so I could still take my car to them for service.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2006, 02:36 PM   #3
RyBMW
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

Garage List
2012 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 335i  [0.00]
Do they give loaners if you didn't buy from them?

Old: 08 E92 335i|Space Gray/Coral Red/Gray Poplar

Old: 06 E90 330i|Black Sapphire/Black /Burl
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
BMWalopez01
Experienced
Rep

Garage List
2006 E91  [0.00]
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnuts3
Denville (Gerhart) BMW on Route 46 was my dealer for 5 years before I moved to CT 5 years ago. They are by far the best dealer for service that I have ever experienced: When I was their customer, their prices were reasonable, they did quality work, they followed-up with the customer, they scheduled in a timely manner - also, if they promised you a loaner you got a loaner. A BMW loaner!!!If you give them last minute instructions for repairs not on the original appointment roster, they did their best to address these repairs during your appointment. Never had a problem with Denville BMW. I only wish that I lived closer to them so I could still take my car to them for service.
Thanks! I just received delivery two days ago. Even if the experience with the sales deparment wasn't the best, I did get what I wanted and the way I wanted. Now in terms of services, they are prety far for me. Since I dont like the other dealers of the area, I will try them and see how it goes.
      02-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #5
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyBMW
Not sure. I know that the dealers around where I live now won't - but that may not be a good indicator. You might want to call them and ask about their loaner policy.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #6
Wosby
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 20 G05 40i - Searching

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyBMW
I've been going to Denville BMW (formerly Gearhart BMW) for service in excess of 5 years, and they are the best. I'm on my second BMW, neither of which were purchased from them, but they have always treated me with the utmost respect. And YES, they do give you loaners even if you didn't buy from them. But loaners are not given for simple items like oil changes.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 12:57 PM   #7
dmitri
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

They treat you nice, but are scum bags behind closed doors. Do not buy from them. One of the terms of my agreement, on paper, since i bought the car outright with a check, was to pay for my tints. They had a guy come in and do it and he did it improperly - there were lots of tiny bubbles. I got it done at my tropical tint and it was around 350 (excellent work). I gave them a reciept and have called them several times since this happened 3 months ago, and they stil have not reimbursed me. They dodge my calls.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2006, 08:51 AM   #8
BMWalopez01
Experienced
Rep

Garage List
2006 E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri
They treat you nice, but are scum bags behind closed doors. Do not buy from them. One of the terms of my agreement, on paper, since i bought the car outright with a check, was to pay for my tints. They had a guy come in and do it and he did it improperly - there were lots of tiny bubbles. I got it done at my tropical tint and it was around 350 (excellent work). I gave them a reciept and have called them several times since this happened 3 months ago, and they stil have not reimbursed me. They dodge my calls.
Good.. agreed.. Not very good sales department.
      02-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #9
blingbling
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi coupe 6 MT

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
My worst car buying experience

I ordered the AW 328xi coupe on 1/3/07. Before placing the order, I was told that the car will arrive in appx. 6-8 weeks.
Since the day the order was placed, I have been told that I would get the production # "next week". Number of "next week" has passed and about 1 month later, the CA promised that I would get the production # on 1/31/07.
On 1/31/07, he never called me despite my repeated attempt to reach him.
Finally on 2/1/07, he tells me that my order will be postponed "indefinitely" now (meaning my order was "bumped" to April production).

The thing that pissed me off the most was the I could have taken a car that was already on the lot with another dealer (but not the color I wanted) but decided to wait on my order because he promised me the March production on 1/31/07. By then, it was too late and the car that was on the lot was sold.

So I decided to pull the plug and moved on. I went to another dealer on 2/1/07 and got the production # the same day

I had THE WORST experience with Denville BMW in NJ. The service was poor and they had no clue about their alloations and lied to me. It is also a small dealer so they don't get much allocations. I should have listened to some of negative feedbacks on this dealer... what a waste of my time and energy.

Alpine White/Beige/6MT/E92 328xi coupe
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 03:37 PM   #10
BMWalopez01
Experienced
Rep

Garage List
2006 E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
I ordered the AW 328xi coupe on 1/3/07. Before placing the order, I was told that the car will arrive in appx. 6-8 weeks.
Since the day the order was placed, I have been told that I would get the production # "next week". Number of "next week" has passed and about 1 month later, the CA promised that I would get the production # on 1/31/07.
On 1/31/07, he never called me despite my repeated attempt to reach him.
Finally on 2/1/07, he tells me that my order will be postponed "indefinitely" now (meaning my order was "bumped" to April production).

The thing that pissed me off the most was the I could have taken a car that was already on the lot with another dealer (but not the color I wanted) but decided to wait on my order because he promised me the March production on 1/31/07. By then, it was too late and the car that was on the lot was sold.

So I decided to pull the plug and moved on. I went to another dealer on 2/1/07 and got the production # the same day

I had THE WORST experience with Denville BMW in NJ. The service was poor and they had no clue about their alloations and lied to me. It is also a small dealer so they don't get much allocations. I should have listened to some of negative feedbacks on this dealer... what a waste of my time and energy.

WISE words. You did the right thing. Unfortunaly I did wait and got the car, I REGREAT BUY THE CAR AT THIS DEALER. Even the service department stinks. It looks cheap, dirty and some of the people have a nasty attitude towards the clients. I strongly recomend to anyone on the market for a BMW NOT TO BUY FROM THIS DEALER. On top having a bad experience they have the balls to request all 5 for the surveys. Hell NO .....
      02-21-2007, 04:20 PM   #11
blingbling
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWalopez01 View Post
WISE words. You did the right thing. Unfortunaly I did wait and got the car, I REGREAT BUY THE CAR AT THIS DEALER. Even the service department stinks. It looks cheap, dirty and some of the people have a nasty attitude towards the clients. I strongly recomend to anyone on the market for a BMW NOT TO BUY FROM THIS DEALER. On top having a bad experience they have the balls to request all 5 for the surveys. Hell NO .....
Hey... I guess I'm not the only one. I sent them an e-mail to their GM and my CA on the day I cancelled, basically summarizing what happened and that it was my worst car buying experience.

So how long did you wait to get your production # and car?

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 07:50 AM   #12
BMWalopez01
Experienced
Rep

Garage List
2006 E91  [0.00]
Quote:

So how long did you wait to get your production # and car?
I wait for 3 weeks for production # and then 4 month total for delivery. The funny part was that the salesman I made the deal, quit 2 weeks after (I guess to much harassment). Then I was dealing with the manager which quit also, then the replacement manager was unreachable and useless F$$k. My recommendation to the E90post community, do not buy from this dealer.:mad:
      02-22-2007, 07:53 AM   #13
BMWalopez01
Experienced
Rep

Garage List
2006 E91  [0.00]
blingbling, from which dealer did you ordered this time?
      02-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #14
blingbling
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWalopez01 View Post
blingbling, from which dealer did you ordered this time?
Paul Miller. Much better experience. But they didn't match the deal I got from Denville. I didn't have much choice at that point.

One of the sales manager also quit during my 1 month agony. I think I would still be waiting for production # if I didn't pull the plug. Why did it take 4 months for delivery though??

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 03:09 PM   #15
BMWalopez01
Experienced
Rep

Garage List
2006 E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Why did it take 4 months for delivery though??
Because I ordered aluminum trim; according to them there was a shortage of aluminum. I always thought that it was bull $hit, and now after a year other people still have issues with them that for me confirms it.... You are lucky you got out of their claws on time, because their service dep. is not any better.
      12-30-2007, 06:16 PM   #16
Biostockman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 335i / '09 Infiniti G37x

I live in Mountain Lakes, went to Denville and wasn't happy with the salesman. I ended up getting my new car from Bloomfield BMW . Their salesman was FANTASTIC and it was by far the most painless car purchase I ever made.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 07:30 AM   #17
NJANDY
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335 E93

Just had an awful sales experience at Denville BMW. They were extremely high pressure. THe pressure came from both the sales associate and also the manager so its engrained at the dealership. It felt like i was buying a used car. Went to both Hunterdon BMW and Flemmington and had a great exerience at both of them.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #18
blingbling
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJANDY View Post
Just had an awful sales experience at Denville BMW. They were extremely high pressure. THe pressure came from both the sales associate and also the manager so its engrained at the dealership. It felt like i was buying a used car. Went to both Hunterdon BMW and Flemmington and had a great exerience at both of them.
Well, welcome to my world. Not sure what's up with this dealer. A year later after my experience (described in earlier post), sounds like nothing has changed...

Appreciate 0