View Single Post
      10-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #186
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
OSU is 6.5 pt favorite. They should win, home game coming off a bye week. PSU just had a big game last week against Mich.

It is basically an elimination game for OSU.
It's also an elimination game for Penn State. A loss here will put them squarely in 2nd place in division with a L in head-to-head with Ohio State.

Let me put it this way, people who are calling for a multi-TD Penn State win is just blinded by their hate for OSU.

Urban Meyer has never lost a revenge game. He's never lost coming out of a bye week. Penn State's win last year against Ohio State came on an (now) illegal blocked FG and a pass interference non-call. Statistically, they were outplayed in every OSU game since James Franklin was the coach.

The talent gap between Penn State and Ohio State is still wide. Penn State is over dependent on Barkley and the TE. McSorley had the best game of his career last week. It'll be insane to think he will keep it going when this year, he's the shakiest cog in the offense.

I expect Ohio State to win decisively. I was going to call for a multi-TD win, but the rain will slow down the game and limit possessions.