2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerboater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerboater View Post
See this thread: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1573753

The same thing have happened to me and the OP of that thread.

AndroidRobot, did the guys who did your ppf,/ceramic/tint leave the key inside the car or never turn the car completely off? Even if you push the start/stop button the car's electronics will still stay on unless you lock the car and walk away. If you have the doors open for hours per day, a few days in a row, the battery will die.

There's a function to "turn off vehicle" if you push up on the iDrive knob, scroll all the way to the right, you'll see an option to turn everything off.

I had the same red "Replace Battery" warning that wouldn't go away. When I took it in, my SA said it wouldn't hold a charge. He also said they can see literally every instance you turn the car on, how long it stayed on, and whether the ignition was on or not. For example, if you go to your car, get in, sit down and customize your widgets for 4 minutes then leave without ever starting the engine, it will get logged. They see all this the moment they hook the car up to their computer, so, you can't really lie to them.

My SA also said batteries are not covered under warranty cuz they're normal wear and tear items, but he replaced mine anyway cuz the car was only a week old. BMW batteries are not cheap and you'd have to get them "programmed" to your vehicle.

It's a good idea for people who have their G05's worked on to let their installers know how to turn off all the car's electronics, since there's so much of it, so that the car's battery won't get completely drained.
They did not leave the cars accessory power on but when the hood is open the car will beep constantly at you for example. If I had to guess the cars battery wasn't fully charged from the start and the little time doors were open ended up causing an issue. I hope my dealer replaces it or fixes the issue without telling me to buy a battery on my week old car
They should. From what I've seen, all the cases where this have happened, the dealers have resolved it by replacing the battery. I'm hoping yours will be the same.
I won't hold you breath since my dealer is small and their service dept isn't great. I'll let you guys know what happens.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0