EJELITE
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 S5 cab | 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
+1

I've had so many cars since the turn of the century (M's and P cars) that came with no spare tires and can-go-flats that having no spare isn't even an issue to me. I always ditch the run flats for better tires myself too.

A compressor kit gives me peace of mind. The 1 time I had a flat I didn't even bother to pull it out. I just called BMW assist and they flatbedded it, gave me a lift home and the next day my dealership brought my car with a new tire on it to my house.

Maybe if I lived in the middle of nowhere I'd feel different though. Probably not though.
No spare tire is fine if you never leave an urban area - like you said just call BMW Assist. However, I think a good number of people actually use their G05 for some sort of utility on occasion, which I assume includes leaving the city for many of us. I for one am not concerned about getting a flat on my daily commute in the city, though I am concerned with having a blow out on a mountain highway, at night, in the middle of nowhere, going to/from my cabin or elsewhere on weekends or holidays. Not having a spare (or RFT's) takes a lot of potential 'utility' from this vehicle.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2124.50