View Single Post
      09-22-2021, 12:40 AM   #105
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

So I was able to get my best deal and allocation. Discussing the various rebates and logistics of financing with them, PenFed came up.

I'm now anxious and nervous for the PenFed rebate code process with this dealer. My code generates on Nov 16, and my build should finish a few weeks after that. When I talked to them, they were first confused with the PenFed terms and processing it.

I then gave them the website and the sample code form I would generate for them. After seeing it, they said they'll process it as to them it's call "military discount", of course we know that's a legacy program from USAA-BMW affiliate marketing partnership from years ago. Takeaway was "so long as you are able to present a valid code form and your info matches your purchase info, we'll process it."

They mentioned with these rebate codes, BMW has 60 days to contest my eligibility, and if somehow I'm not eligible, they will "send me a bill". Apparently, I will sign some legal agreement that states how this would work out if they give me the credit first at delivery and I end up being ineligible.

They didn't inspire confidence but they were willing to play ball and process it. Anything I should be worried about?

thanks!