10-23-2021, 11:33 AM   #19
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Eunos View Post
OK

Bypassed the sales team and talked to the guy who actually orders the vehicles for the dealership…he and I actually hit it off when I was trying to do this deal via BMW Individual…custom paint, custom leather and trim, etc. We finally punted on that when we got official word from Germany that we could only get the paint…and then later found out we couldn’t get the color we really wanted (and would have happily paid the $5K up charge for): Bluestone Metallic.

BTW, that’s an absolutely beautiful color that would be absolutely stunning on this vehicle (well, any vehicle to be honest) if anyone from Corporate is monitoring this board. Hint, hint.

Regardless, I’m officially #2 of 7 who have put down payments on 45e builds for this dealer. Apparently there were only 30 or so 45e allocations released to all dealers in the last drop (I assume that was this week), and they received exactly…zero. Anyone here able to verify that number?

They expect to get at least one 45e allocation next week, but they’re “doing everything they can to get me in the lineup”. I’m assuming positive intent and all, but here’s me holding my breath…

LOL

Here’s the stupid part though…if they’d have been honest and open up front about their allocation (or lack thereof) instead of roping me in by leading me to believe my car would be actually ordered the next week, I’d have been ok with it, and likely would have still put a few thousand dollars down to hold my place in line.

Instead, I’m seriously considering walking away from the deal and just going with that Bentley despite the stupid $$ involved. Trust is a big deal to me. I’m not wealthy by any means, but I do pretty damn well…and reward those who earn my trust in kind.

Giving them one more week to work their magic. Will report after then. And after I remove any emotion from the decision…not angry, just disappointed.
This is starting to sound like they straight up don't have an allocation for you. Even that single spot that they are referring to, it sounds like another customer is being prioritized over you. It could be as simple as that other customer was in line before you, or it could be that it was a high priority repeat customer.

I suppose anything could happen that customer could change his mind, or dealers typically have been making customers who place orders run a credit check to see if they at least have the financial ability to come through when the car is delivered, from time to time a buyer will not pass credit check.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. Go to a high volume dealer they probably have allocations, even dealer builds that they can replace your order with.

FYI, Calbears works for a dealership and he actually sees the allocations first hand and builds the cars for all orders.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 10-23-2021 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0