View Single Post
      02-24-2021, 12:23 AM   #8
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau3er View Post
Great job - this also confirms that this set up will be bolt on plug and play to all other G series cars such as G20, G30, G11 etc - since the non ///M X5 uses the same hub dimensions as the other G series cars.
Ehhhh.... I'm not sure if it's the same as "all" other G series cars. I can confirm, that the F95 and the G05 use the same hubs though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
What about the rear rotors? They should also have the drilled rotors to match the front.
I opted not to buy the rears, because while the rotor is a few mm larger (and drilled), the calipers are the same style single-piston cast type. It's a pointless upgrade. I still absolutely cannot believe that BMW puts that cheap garbage on the M50i.... much less their flagship X5M. It's mind-boggling to me.

Ironically, F95 X5M rear calipers ARE different than G05 calipers. They mount differently. So, in order to do a rear upgrade, I'd need to buy an entire X5M rear brake system, to get no real "upgrade" at all. The hubs are the same, but I'm not 100% sure if the EPB is the same mechanism. I don't know if the G05 EPB can be retrofitted onto an F95 rear brake system. Quite frankly, it's not worth the $$ to find out.

I've been in contact with several BBK manufacturers, both "high end" and "low end", and to date, no one can give a straight answer on whether or not they actually make a rear BBK for a G05.

The only actual option I've found..... is to retrofit a Rolls Royce Cullinan dual caliper, carbon ceramic rear BBK from the tro-Nik folks in russia...... for about $15,000. Ouch.

I've even been in contact with "less than reputable" Chinese companies like "D2 Racing, XYZ Racing, and K Sport"..... None of which I trust....... all of which "say" they make a BBK...... and NONE of which can actually offer any product descriptions (or a picture) when asked. You would "think" that if a company is advertising a rear BBK for several thousand dollars, they'd at LEAST be able to provide product descriptions, rotor dimensions, or a picture of the completed product installed on a car...... nope. I've asked.

The Chinese will sell their crap to any American dumb enough to believe it. Hence, the reason the "Wish App" continues to operate.

Eventually, a reputable company like Brembo, Stoptech, Rotora, etc will make a 4-piston rear BBK for a G05/F95.... and I'll buy it when they do. Hasn't happened yet though.

The rear electronic parking brake has really put a thorn in brake manufacturers' backsides. It over-complicates everything.

I'm waiting..... patiently.
6-Piston/4-piston BBK:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2097342

Last edited by Ninefourteener; 02-24-2021 at 12:56 AM..
Appreciate 0