BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-21-2023, 11:30 AM   #23
Kgerry59
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooloud10 View Post
I never realized how much people overthink something that seems so minor. I picked my interior trim color on a whim, and even changed my exterior color at the absolute last second just so I could add an extra option on the car.
Why bother custom ordering a new vehicle to your exact tastes if you don't care what color it is or what the interior looks like? Why not just grab something in stock off a dealer lot?
I would not have ordered my last 5-6 vehicles if I couldn't choose the exact colour and features I wanted in a vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 11:36 AM   #24
tooloud10
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgerry59 View Post
Why bother custom ordering a new vehicle to your exact tastes if you don't care what color it is or what the interior looks like?
I eventually custom ordered my 45e because it was impossible to find one during covid that had the options I needed. Color is always so subjective and I could have been happy with 4-5 different options for the interior or exterior.

Quote:
Why not just grab something in stock off a dealer lot?
I would not have ordered my last 5-6 vehicles if I couldn't choose the exact colour and features I wanted in a vehicle.
It's not that, it's about how many threads there are with buyers seemingly agonizing over minor stuff.

IOW, how the heck can the rest of us decide for someone if they should wait 10 weeks for piano black? I mean, how bad do you want piano black?