Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
New Owner

Hi

I'll be picking up a new X5 45e shortly as a company vehicle - still keeping my F82 M4 for the time being...

What things do people commonly code/alter from the factory that annoys them? I've got access to Bimmercode so fully familar with using it.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 10:42 AM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
BimmerCode App just updated.. https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1547909
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 09:27 PM   #3
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

I prefer to have the option of 5 blinks on the turn signals...adding that gives you an addition check box.

If you aren't using a keyfob cover, you may want to change how long the button has to be held on the remote before opening the rear hatch so you don't get a random opening.

You may want to play with how far the mirrors dip when in reverse. I needed it to go further to avoid hitting a curb where I often parked when backing up.

Whether you code out the startup warnings is up to you.

You can change how long or at what speed the cameras turn off after being activated.

You can't do it with BimmerCode, but getting the anti-dazzle to work might be useful if you drive at night and or out in the boonies often.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 12:22 PM   #4
Golfnatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Here are some that I have done and I understand the most updated version of Bimmercode has even more things you can code now:
[*]window lifter interruption NOT ACTIVE[*]fog light off with high beams NOT ACTIVE[*]initial seat belt reminder after start NOT ACTIVE[*]tailgate via remote OPEN AND CLOSE[*]warning at start-up NOT ACTIVE[*]No horn sound when locking the car while engine is running[*]ASS memory [*]Start in Adaptive mode[*]Close tailgate from inside without long press[*]Different instrument cluster views to select from [*]Tire PSI and Temp[*]Assisted Driving View[*]Dash Brightness
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2022, 01:08 PM   #5
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
What's the anti dazzle feature?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 04:37 PM   #6
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Anti-dazzle is a feature of the headlights that makes use of their ability to move and reshape the beam. So, in many situations, it can leave the high beams on, and turn them off or make a tunnel around a vehicle you may be following, or turn them away from someone approaching, leaving the other areas of the roadway still illuminated as much as possible.

This functionality was already enabled outside of North America, and Canada just recently approved it, so you can have the dealer turn it on, but the USA chose to set some additional specifications on their functionality, so as currently implemented, while you can get someone to enable it for you, it's not technically legal in that manner.

Nobody knows if BMW will require hardware changes as well as software ones to make them meet the very recently approved functionality, or if they'll be able to or willing to enable their function on already delivered vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 01:37 PM   #7
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
I'm UK based so assume it's already turned on for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 07:34 AM   #8
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
I'm UK based so assume it's already turned on for me.
yup
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 11:42 PM   #9
maher
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
Quote:
Anti-dazzle is a feature of the headlights that makes use of their ability to move and reshape the beam. So, in many situations, it can leave the high beams on, and turn them off or make a tunnel around a vehicle you may be following, or turn them away from someone approaching, leaving the other areas of the roadway still illuminated as much as possible.

This functionality was already enabled outside of North America, and Canada just recently approved it, so you can have the dealer turn it on, but the USA chose to set some additional specifications on their functionality, so as currently implemented, while you can get someone to enable it for you, it's not technically legal in that manner.

Nobody knows if BMW will require hardware changes as well as software ones to make them meet the very recently approved functionality, or if they'll be able to or willing to enable their function on already delivered vehicles.
Hi,
Do you know of anyone in Canada that had the dealer remove the decoding for anti-dazzle?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 04:43 PM   #10
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep

Their press release said it was about an hour labor to make the change...no idea of anyone that's done it. You'd pay someone about the same (or maybe less) to do that for you and code some other things you may want. But, having BMW do that for you may change the baseline for the vehicle and make it neater with any subsequent OTA software updates as they'd have logged that new baseline into the computer (or should have!). That won't happen is you have someone else do it for you, but it's possible the software is smart enough to recognize it's enabled, and not disable it...I'm not sure about Canada, but someone enabling it in the USA, it often gets overwritten and turned off with an OTA update since it's not an approved update (yet?!).
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 02:45 PM   #11
JCFans01
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 G30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
Their press release said it was about an hour labor to make the change...no idea of anyone that's done it. You'd pay someone about the same (or maybe less) to do that for you and code some other things you may want. But, having BMW do that for you may change the baseline for the vehicle and make it neater with any subsequent OTA software updates as they'd have logged that new baseline into the computer (or should have!). That won't happen is you have someone else do it for you, but it's possible the software is smart enough to recognize it's enabled, and not disable it...I'm not sure about Canada, but someone enabling it in the USA, it often gets overwritten and turned off with an OTA update since it's not an approved update (yet?!).
Do you have more information about Canada approving the anti-dazzle recoding and/or VLD or the official press release so I can show my dealership?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 09:41 PM   #12
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep

https://www.bmw.ca/en/topics/offers-...eadlights.html
This might help!
Appreciate 0