BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-08-2021, 11:54 PM   #23
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Don't stay up, for all you know you have a 4 week ACSM stop sale to deal with. Lol
      11-09-2021, 02:04 AM   #24
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by John925 View Post
Our cars are probably going to be on the same truck. I’m waiting on a Xdrive40i to show up at Roseville soon. It says “in transit”
Mine said that for 3 weeks! Now it's bopped back to "at port"
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 10:58 AM   #25
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4

John925 Roseville as well? Nice! How did you ended up there when you are at San Ramon? Did they give you a better deal? So are you waiting for the Black Vermilion or are actually driving one now?

GrussGott what I find weird on the status from MyGarage page is that it goes to At the port first then In transit. I would think ‘At the port’ should be first and it means arrived and checked in at the Richmond processing center (for those of us in the nor cal) then it changes to ‘In transit’ when it is on the truck to the dealership. But from boba_balla’s case, 10/26 = at the port and 10/27 = at the dealership, so it’s reversed. Perhaps yours could be at the dealership soon just like boba_balla’s? I guess I’ll know either tomorrow or Friday if and when mine will arrive at the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John925 View Post
Our cars are probably going to be on the same truck. I’m waiting on a Xdrive40i to show up at Roseville soon. It says “in transit”
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 11:32 AM   #26
mar_carol
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternalthinker View Post
Hello for those in the Bay Area (California), how long did your car spend at the Richmond Railyard before getting to the Dealer? It has been close to 2 weeks now for me.
Wow...2 weeks. Mine arrived in Richmond on 9/27, and was at my dealer in SF on 9/29.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 11:38 AM   #27
John925
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xdrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantgobak View Post
John925 Roseville as well? Nice! How did you ended up there when you are at San Ramon? Did they give you a better deal? So are you waiting for the Black Vermilion or are actually driving one now? p.
I ordered a Vermilion from a different local dealer. That car had the touchscreen deleted. I went online and tracked down another Vermilion and the one at Roseville was built 2 weeks prior so it still had the touch screen. For resale value down the road I felt it was better to find one with touchscreen vs. taking the $500 credit.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 12:17 PM   #28
calbears
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CS,2017 F87 LBB M2

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2017 M2  [10.00]
2018 M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:

GrussGott what I find weird on the status from MyGarage page is that it goes to At the port first then In transit. I would think ‘At the port’ should be first and it means arrived and checked in at the Richmond processing center (for those of us in the nor cal) then it changes to ‘In transit’ when it is on the truck to the dealership. But from boba_balla’s case, 10/26 = at the port and 10/27 = at the dealership, so it’s reversed. Perhaps yours could be at the dealership soon just like boba_balla’s? I guess I’ll know either tomorrow or Friday if and when mine will arrive at the dealership.
from the dealer side, once the car is produced, it's at the processing center in South Carolina then put on a train to Kansas City (processing center), then off to Richmond (final processing center), then on the truck. So you may be seeing multiple at processing center then in transit depending on when you check.
Past: E90 328i, F10 535i, F80 M3 (murdered)
Appreciate 2
Flying Ace4984.50
GrussGott18180.50
      11-09-2021, 01:25 PM   #29
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears View Post
from the dealer side, once the car is produced, it's at the processing center in South Carolina then put on a train to Kansas City (processing center), then off to Richmond (final processing center), then on the truck. So you may be seeing multiple at processing center then in transit depending on when you check.
Definitely a possibility but just doesn’t make any sense from a consumer POV reading the status going back and forth between at the ports and in transit. It should just be showing at the port when it’s at your vehicle’s destination port then in transit (on the truck) to the dealer. It’s either we just don’t understand it or it’s simply poor/lazy logic/programming from BMW and whoever designed that status page…

John925 Black Vermilion is sick! I also agree with you on the resale…
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 09:28 PM   #30
yzlzr227
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Quote:
Roseville BMW
By the way this is all within expectations. I anticipate my car will come in at around the Nov 12. This week is the beginning of my third week since "awaiting carrier assignment".

So far it's all been consistent and as expected.

Interesting that you didn't get any deletions, do you know what day was your production start date?
Quote:
Quote:
Roseville BMW
By the way this is all within expectations. I anticipate my car will come in at around the Nov 12. This week is the beginning of my third week since "awaiting carrier assignment".

So far it's all been consistent and as expected.

Interesting that you didn't get any deletions, do you know what day was your production start date?
I was following your other thread about your date, my car was produced Oct 22nd. Hopefully I can get it this Saturday or next week.

But I called genius bmw, I was told that the car is still waiting for carrier, will be delivered in two to three weeks, not sure what is the truth
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 12:40 AM   #31
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

yzlzr227 What I’ve read so far seems like it’ll take 3 weeks In transit status to arrive at Richmond port or Processing center, then to your dealership from there. If I remember correctly, you said yours has been sitting in Transit status for about a week… so somewhat consistent with what Genius told you.

Tomorrow, I’ll find out if mine arrived at the Richmond processing center, once confirmed Genius will be able to tell me when it’ll arrive at Roseville dealership. Mine still says In transit currently even though Genius told me it’s supposed to have arrived yesterday. Who knows how long it’ll take for them to process these vehicles…..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzlzr227 View Post
I was following your other thread about your date, my car was produced Oct 22nd. Hopefully I can get it this Saturday or next week.

But I called genius bmw, I was told that the car is still waiting for carrier, will be delivered in two to three weeks, not sure what is the truth
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 11:29 PM   #32
yzlzr227
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
yzlzr227 What I’ve read so far seems like it’ll take 3 weeks In transit status to arrive at Richmond port or Processing center, then to your dealership from there. If I remember correctly, you said yours has been sitting in Transit status for about a week… so somewhat consistent with what Genius told you.

Tomorrow, I’ll find out if mine arrived at the Richmond processing center, once confirmed Genius will be able to tell me when it’ll arrive at Roseville dealership. Mine still says In transit currently even though Genius told me it’s supposed to have arrived yesterday. Who knows how long it’ll take for them to process these vehicles…..

Quote:

Quote:
yzlzr227 What I've read so far seems like it'll take 3 weeks In transit status to arrive at Richmond port or Processing center, then to your dealership from there. If I remember correctly, you said yours has been sitting in Transit status for about a week… so somewhat consistent with what Genius told you.

Tomorrow, I'll find out if mine arrived at the Richmond processing center, once confirmed Genius will be able to tell me when it'll arrive at Roseville dealership. Mine still says In transit currently even though Genius told me it's supposed to have arrived yesterday. Who knows how long it'll take for them to process these vehicles…..

Quote:

maybe my SA setup a high expectation, I was expecting the car delivery this week. It doesn't look like to happen. Anyway, let's see.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 12:12 AM   #33
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Guys...got some bad news. Major fire reported at Richmond train yard. Reports of numerous train cars with vehicles onboard on fire. Chemicals everywhere and they're clearing out the surrounding neighborhood. Looks like many of our cars to be delivered this week may be damaged.

J/K
Put y'all touchscreen deletes into perspective for a moment huh?

Appreciate 1
      11-11-2021, 01:14 AM   #34
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Keep calm and scroll down is what I told myself when I read your heart attack story…. Nice try Flying Ace!
So I called this afternoon and still no update yet and the status on My Garage page still showed In transit…. HOWEVER, just checked My Garage page status again, the status just got updated to “AT THE PORT”. “Your BMW has arrived at the port. (Bon voyage!)”.
Woo Hoo! At least some movement since 10/27. Matches what Boba_Balla’s experience; it does go back to at the port status when the vehicles are processed (took about 3 days) at the Richmond port processing center. I’ll call Genius gain tomorrow to see when it’s expected to arrive at Roseville and see if it will go back to In transit then change to At the dealership.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18180.50
      11-11-2021, 01:41 PM   #35
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

SA called earlier and said my vehicle arrived at the Richmond port and it’s expected to arrive in another 7 to 10 days for the delivery. He did mention that there appears to be a shortage on truck drivers. I called BMW Genius and was told it’s expected to arrive at Roseville on the 16th, next Tuesday. How long does it usually take for the dealer to prep the vehicle to be ready for the delivery?
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4984.50
      11-11-2021, 01:49 PM   #36
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
SA called earlier and said my vehicle arrived at the Richmond port and it’s expected to arrive in another 7 to 10 days for the delivery. He did mention that there appears to be a shortage on truck drivers. I called BMW Genius and was told it’s expected to arrive at Roseville on the 16th, next Tuesday. How long does it usually take for the dealer to prep the vehicle to be ready for the delivery?
Awesome since I'm 5 days before you, we all still might be in the same queue in Richmond. Sounds like my car is coming either this weekend or around the same time on the 16th.

Also my dealer is in the Bay area, so I may easily be a few days ahead of you. Will let you know when my dealer calls me.

Also know when your car arrives at the dealer, you are likely expected by the touchscreen delete, which means they will need easily a day to process your car depending on the queue of cars that are arriving at the same time and those that need programming.
      11-11-2021, 02:35 PM   #37
boba_balla
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e Phytonic Blue

Quote:
How long does it usually take for the dealer to prep the vehicle to be ready for the delivery?
For me, it was less than a day. My SA forwarded me a picture of the car on the truck, and then it was at the dealer that same day (Weatherford BMW so not too far from the port). My car was ready to be picked up the following day but I had to wait a couple days until the weekend when I had time.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 03:52 PM   #38
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yea, if your dealer is not impacted by the truck driver shortage then you may very well be getting yours first. We’ll certainly see about the deletion, but I don’t think and I hope I am not impacted since both Genius and my SA said they do not see any deletion on mine. Mine went into production on 10/7 or 10/8 I believe. Ones impacted are after 10/11 (don’t quote me on that since I read too many responses and it’s now becoming quite vague with inconsistencies….). So I’m hoping I got lucky….

Thanks boba_balla for the info. Good to know your dealer took only one day to prep your car…. I think I can expect sometimes before next weekend to take delivery then…

Quote:
Awesome since I'm 5 days before you, we all still might be in the same queue in Richmond. Sounds like my car is coming either this weekend or around the same time on the 16th.

Also my dealer is in the Bay area, so I may easily be a few days ahead of you. Will let you know when my dealer calls me.

Also know when your car arrives at the dealer, you are likely expected by the touchscreen delete, which means they will need easily a day to process your car depending on the queue of cars that are arriving at the same time and those that need programming.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 05:47 PM   #39
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yea, if your dealer is not impacted by the truck driver shortage then you may very well be getting yours first. We’ll certainly see about the deletion, but I don’t think and I hope I am not impacted since both Genius and my SA said they do not see any deletion on mine. Mine went into production on 10/7 or 10/8 I believe. Ones impacted are after 10/11 (don’t quote me on that since I read too many responses and it’s now becoming quite vague with inconsistencies….). So I’m hoping I got lucky….

Thanks boba_balla for the info. Good to know your dealer took only one day to prep your car…. I think I can expect sometimes before next weekend to take delivery then…
Oh yeah, you're not impacted then. Mine was the last day of touchscreen on 10/11. And you would be quoting me on this matter. I was keenly interested in figuring out whether I was affected. I found out a member who went into production one day later on 10/12 got the deletion.

Mine is a confirmed touch screen.

It looks like based on your dates you're actually week 43 like I am.
      11-11-2021, 09:21 PM   #40
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Flying Ace Yea, I never tried to figure out what week mine was because I recall as soon as I submitted the order on 10/5, I got the production number on the same day. A couple of days later the status already changed to Production begins. So it was you said 10/11 then, I know I read it somewhere but don’t recall where or who said. How did you confirm 10/11 was the cut off other than you said the other member got touchless screen on 10/12?

Quote:
Oh yeah, you're not impacted then. Mine was the last day of touchscreen on 10/11. And you would be quoting me on this matter. I was keenly interested in figuring out whether I was affected. I found out a member who went into production one day later on 10/12 got the deletion.

Mine is a confirmed touch screen.

It looks like based on your dates you're actually week 43 like I am.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 11:49 PM   #41
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Flying Ace Yea, I never tried to figure out what week mine was because I recall as soon as I submitted the order on 10/5, I got the production number on the same day. A couple of days later the status already changed to Production begins. So it was you said 10/11 then, I know I read it somewhere but don’t recall where or who said. How did you confirm 10/11 was the cut off other than you said the other member got touchless screen on 10/12?
I tracked my production status religiously. My Production Begins was 10/11 and another member's 10/12 car got the delete. Both cars were week 43 builds. That's how I was able to pinpoint the exact day of the switch.

Because it effected some but not all Week 43 cars, if you were week 43, you were not safe unless you checked your spec sheet. As 43s are all completed as of last week, every 43 final spec sheet should have been updated and dealers will know for a fact who was effected.

Anyways, looks like you were another week 43 based o your "Scheduled for production" date, and looks like you just made cut off too.
      11-12-2021, 12:47 PM   #42
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Makes sense…. Looks like I got lucky by making a quick decision and actions to put in the order on my birthday!

Quote:
I tracked my production status religiously. My Production Begins was 10/11 and another member's 10/12 car got the delete. Both cars were week 43 builds. That's how I was able to pinpoint the exact day of the switch.

Because it effected some but not all Week 43 cars, if you were week 43, you were not safe unless you checked your spec sheet. As 43s are all completed as of last week, every 43 final spec sheet should have been updated and dealers will know for a fact who was effected.

Anyways, looks like you were another week 43 based o your "Scheduled for production" date, and looks like you just made cut off too.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 10:38 PM   #43
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

My car status just bumped backed to port. I presume that's Richmond, as I'm anticipating delivery to dealership in the upcoming 3-5 days. If I had to bet, I may be getting the call from dealer around 11/17.
      11-13-2021, 11:57 AM   #44
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Interesting… so did it just arrive at the Richmond port or did it take that long to get to yours? I think it’s the former which means they are really backed up with truck drivers to Sac…

Quote:
My car status just bumped backed to port. I presume that's Richmond, as I'm anticipating delivery to dealership in the upcoming 3-5 days. If I had to bet, I may be getting the call from dealer around 11/17.
Appreciate 0