BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-01-2021, 08:56 AM   #89
kplatinum777
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Wow, just like that, it's at VPC and in-transit. Need to wait until Nov 19 for my PenFed coupon though. So at this point, they can take their time. Lol
Yay! I told you you'd get it before Thanksgiving! Congrats!

I have USAA (stepfather is retired Army). So I did the official verification through ID.me for BMW, and they approved it. That said, I did create a PenFed account as a backup, but I'm pretty sure it's been over 60 days.
'22 Outback Touring XT
'06 XJ Vanden Plas
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 04:55 PM   #90
sarge_in
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e, Acura TL

Quote:
Wow, just like that, it's at VPC and in-transit. Need to wait until Nov 19 for my PenFed coupon though. So at this point, they can take their time. Lol
Is your dealer agreeing to wait till then if the car gets to them well before? Mine said I have to take delivery within 72 hrs else they release it to public. With the current situation of removed touchscreen, I wouldn't want to leave it at the dealer anyways.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 07:57 PM   #91
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge_in View Post
Is your dealer agreeing to wait till then if the car gets to them well before? Mine said I have to take delivery within 72 hrs else they release it to public. With the current situation of removed touchscreen, I wouldn't want to leave it at the dealer anyways.
wow, that's pretty f'ed up. I mean, people could be out of the country and delivery is unpredictable anyways...so they'd expect you to drop everything you're doing?

Based on informal polling, more reasonable dealers were willing to wait 2-3 weeks. More importantly, each situation is different and you have to give them indication you have the the ability and firm commitment to purchase. This is what I've done to given them indications of both:

1. offered to provide them my financing/loan approval letter from my lender (they declined)
2. gave them my credentials to run credit themselves (they collected and didn't run)
3. gave them various status updates of my loan application process (they did not acknowledge)
4. told them a few times how excited I was to pick up (they acknowledged)
5. I gave them a $1000 refundable deposit (card swipe, charged)
6. I've started the discussion of my trade-in, valuation, and timing (they acknowledged and provided direction of process)
7. I broadcasted well ahead of time the date that I plan to come in to pick up. And gave them an understanding why that date was chosen (waiting for PenFed rebate, also super busy at work the prior week).
      11-01-2021, 11:37 PM   #92
sarge_in
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e, Acura TL

Quote:
wow, that's pretty f'ed up. I mean, people could be out of the country and delivery is unpredictable anyways...so they'd expect you to drop everything you're doing?

Based on informal polling, more reasonable dealers were willing to wait 2-3 weeks. More importantly, each situation is different and you have to give them indication you have the the ability and firm commitment to purchase. This is what I've done to given them indications of both:

1. offered to provide them my financing/loan approval letter from my lender (they declined)
2. gave them my credentials to run credit themselves (they collected and didn't run)
3. gave them various status updates of my loan application process (they did not acknowledge)
4. told them a few times how excited I was to pick up (they acknowledged)
5. I gave them a $1000 refundable deposit (card swipe, charged)
6. I've started the discussion of my trade-in, valuation, and timing (they acknowledged and provided direction of process)
7. I broadcasted well ahead of time the date that I plan to come in to pick up. And gave them an understanding why that date was chosen (waiting for PenFed rebate, also super busy at work the prior week).
Glad to hear your dealer is amenable to that. I have tried all I could so far, at least over the phone, including offering higher deposit and they declined. I will try one more time in person once the car gets here, but am not very hopeful. Oh well...
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 01:25 PM   #93
MadameLV85
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge_in View Post
Glad to hear your dealer is amenable to that. I have tried all I could so far, at least over the phone, including offering higher deposit and they declined. I will try one more time in person once the car gets here, but am not very hopeful. Oh well...
Not sure if this'll help, but my X5 got bumped up early from being a week 49 allocation to being completed yesterday. It'll be delivered to the dealer while I'm in Europe (approx. 3 weeks from today) and the dealership has already stated that if I'm out of the country then they have no option but to wait for me to come back. They're going to have to hold it for 2 weeks for me. I don't understand why it's such a big deal if you intend to purchase it the month it arrives?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 02:13 PM   #94
kplatinum777
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameLV85 View Post
Not sure if this'll help, but my X5 got bumped up early from being a week 49 allocation to being completed yesterday. It'll be delivered to the dealer while I'm in Europe (approx. 3 weeks from today) and the dealership has already stated that if I'm out of the country then they have no option but to wait for me to come back. They're going to have to hold it for 2 weeks for me. I don't understand why it's such a big deal if you intend to purchase it the month it arrives?
Agreed. And that's the way it should be done. We pay all this money for these cars, in part, for better service and accommodations on the sales side. sarge_in's dealership sucks for putting a 72-hour stipulation on it. I understand that they'd have to pay a bit in floorplan interest, but they can hold the car for two weeks; it's not that big an ask. If it were on the lot (and not a customer-allocated unit), it might still sit for two weeks or more. Even in this market.

Yeesh.
'22 Outback Touring XT
'06 XJ Vanden Plas
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2021, 09:40 AM   #95
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Just arrived at the dealership. Today is day 60 of my PenFed membership. Literally waiting until 9:00 pm PST to refresh the rebate site.
      11-19-2021, 10:23 PM   #96
kplatinum777
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Just arrived at the dealership. Today is day 60 of my PenFed membership. Literally waiting until 9:00 pm PST to refresh the rebate site.
Sweeet! Let us know when you take delivery. And send pictures!
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4987.00
      11-20-2021, 12:59 AM   #97
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplatinum777 View Post
Sweeet! Let us know when you take delivery. And send pictures!
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1876325
      11-21-2021, 12:03 AM   #98
MadameLV85
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Agreed. And that's the way it should be done. We pay all this money for these cars, in part, for better service and accommodations on the sales side. sarge_in's dealership sucks for putting a 72-hour stipulation on it. I understand that they'd have to pay a bit in floorplan interest, but they can hold the car for two weeks; it's not that big an ask. If it were on the lot (and not a customer-allocated unit), it might still sit for two weeks or more. Even in this market.

Yeesh.
Looks like I was told wrong. I just got a text from my CA an hour ago telling me the general manager can't keep the car past the end of the month due to manufacturer guidelines. He wants to have someone come to my house Monday, the day before I leave on an international trip, to sign paperwork for the DMV that needs a wet signature then have it delivered to my home two days later when it arrives. I don't know how I feel about this. Not the most ideal delivery.

Last edited by MadameLV85; 11-21-2021 at 12:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 12:49 AM   #99
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Quote:

Yeesh.
Looks like I was told wrong. I just got a text from my CA an hour ago telling me the general manager can't keep the car past the end of the month due to manufacturer guidelines. He wants to have someone come to my house Monday, the day before I leave on an international trip, to sign paperwork for the DMV that needs a wet signature then have it delivered to my home two days later when it arrives. I don't know how I feel about this. Not the most ideal delivery.
Sounds like someone want to meet their numbers for the month.

I'd have a polite conversation with the owner of the dealership.
Appreciate 1
c12h231.00
      11-21-2021, 01:08 AM   #100
MadameLV85
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Sounds like someone want to meet their numbers for the month.

I'd have a polite conversation with the owner of the dealership.
I agree. I refuse to accept a vehicle under these conditions.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 03:21 PM   #101
taek
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
That's ridiculous, you have to inspect the vehicle before signing anything.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 03:49 PM   #102
MadameLV85
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taek View Post
That's ridiculous, you have to inspect the vehicle before signing anything.
I stood my ground and told them I can't and won't accept those terms and would like to cancel. GM gave in and will allow me to receive it when I get back.
Appreciate 1
omasou2090.50
      11-21-2021, 04:06 PM   #103
ThomasShelby
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e M Sport

Installed my Chargepoint this afternoon, looking forward to my 45e being delivered next month. Hoping for touchscreen.
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4987.00
      11-21-2021, 04:08 PM   #104
ThomasShelby
Private
Rep

Quote:
I stood my ground and told them I can't and won't accept those terms and would like to cancel. GM gave in and will allow me to receive it when I get back.
After it's all said and done I'd post a somewhat negative (yet truthful) review about them.
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2021, 07:47 PM   #105
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShelby View Post
After it's all said and done I'd post a somewhat negative (yet truthful) review about them.
Odd behavior from the dealer. I don't get it...
      11-21-2021, 09:01 PM   #106
MadameLV85
Enlisted Member
Rep

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShelby View Post
Quote:
Odd behavior from the dealer. I don't get it...
I'm considering writing a review but I also don't want to hurt the CA's business... I've used him for past purchases and really like him otherwise. I know he has his hands tied behind his back, but I don't understand why the GM would try to force feed a purchase like this especially since I was told it would be fine to receive the car after my trip.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 10:13 PM   #107
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
I'm considering writing a review but I also don't want to hurt the CA's business... I've used him for past purchases and really like him otherwise. I know he has his hands tied behind his back, but I don't understand why the GM would try to force feed a purchase like this especially since I was told it would be fine to receive the car after my trip.
post an honest review, calling out the GM specifically while stating the positives of your CA
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2021, 09:54 AM   #108
ThomasShelby
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
post an honest review, calling out the GM specifically while stating the positives of your CA
Exactly what I was going to suggest.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 10:32 AM   #109
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
I wouldn't write anything until you take delivery.

If you're talking about Google, etc. type review that's up to you.

If you're talking about a BMW survey, I wouldn't recommend anything other than 100% across the board or ignoring it, especially if you plan to use them for service. These surveys are not the correct way to get your dissatisfaction w/a dealer to BMW. All they do is put on the dealer's s*** list.

As an example, my friend used the survey in an attempt to tell BMW how he felt they have lost their way. He had an issue w/his BMW and asked a friend who worked at the dealer why he had not hear back about something and found out the service manager knew exactly who he was.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2021, 12:01 PM   #110
ramblingpolak
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 45e (PN allocated)

Garage List
2022 X5 45e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwarden13 View Post
I just picked up my order this weekend! I went with tetragon trim but would only option it with black seats. Also I would consider adding the driving package, I love it and it works great. I use it almost daily.

Good choice in extended shadowline as it looks way more bada$$. I would get rid of the climate package unless you need rear heated seats. You already get 4 zone climate control and can add heated steering wheel for $250
This is a great point. I really wanted rear heaters and ordered with climate package but your comment reminded me I'm throwing kiddo car seats in the back row anyway... 🤦🏻
Appreciate 0