Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 05:28 PM   #46
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysinghca View Post
Yeah like I am sitting at home dealing with life, and I get an email to Charge Forward, and I sign up.

And then they give me $150 and then they give me 50 cents every few days. Why should I complain I was anyways sitting at home dealing with life and buying 90,000 SUVs, but now I can also buy an extra latte every month
Sounds good Man. Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2023, 04:57 PM   #47
boba_balla
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e Phytonic Blue

For those wondering about the rewards redemption schedule, confirmed it is 2x a year. I just received an email from ChargeForward for my Amazon giftcard for the rewards I earned from January to June. I guess we get paid about 3 months after the period ends.

"We are pleased to present your earned performance incentive through June 30, 2023.

As a reminder, your incentive will be paid twice a year with the next incentive payment after December 31st, 2023. Your continued participation is very important as we work on creating a clean, sustainable grid for all."
Appreciate 1
aMIC31.00
      10-19-2023, 02:07 PM   #48
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
OK, before I remove myself from that program want to check if anyone else have the same issue. My departure time keeps changing each day. Which is annoying as I have set pre-conditioning for each morning, to get the battery and car warm/cooled, but charge forward keep changing it when I connect the charger plug. The only way to stay ahead of it, is after connecting for overnight charging to go back to either fast forward app or the bmw app and reset the pre-conditioning and departure time. at that point the savings aren't worth the extra hassle to keep checking.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 03:16 PM   #49
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyinp View Post
OK, before I remove myself from that program want to check if anyone else have the same issue. My departure time keeps changing each day. Which is annoying as I have set pre-conditioning for each morning, to get the battery and car warm/cooled, but charge forward keep changing it when I connect the charger plug. The only way to stay ahead of it, is after connecting for overnight charging to go back to either fast forward app or the bmw app and reset the pre-conditioning and departure time. at that point the savings aren't worth the extra hassle to keep checking.
What you described is what I experience as well. The ChargeForward app schedules a seemingly random departure time, that time is related to when you recently plugged in, but I can't figure out the algorithm. This will definitely get in the way of preconditioning and your car will precondition at that scheduled time. In theory bc you're not using the car at that random time, it'll precondition again at your scheduled departures, so it won't have an impact. If you're trying to not waste energy due to preconditioning, then this app won't work for you.

I myself don't use preconditioning, so these random departure times don't bother me. I do check periodically to make sure a high peak departure time isn't scheduled. It will prioritize charging even at peak if your departure is during or right after peak. I'm going to stick with the program.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 08:01 PM   #50
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
What you described is what I experience as well. The ChargeForward app schedules a seemingly random departure time, that time is related to when you recently plugged in, but I can't figure out the algorithm. This will definitely get in the way of preconditioning and your car will precondition at that scheduled time. In theory bc you're not using the car at that random time, it'll precondition again at your scheduled departures, so it won't have an impact. If you're trying to not waste energy due to preconditioning, then this app won't work for you.

I myself don't use preconditioning, so these random departure times don't bother me. I do check periodically to make sure a high peak departure time isn't scheduled. It will prioritize charging even at peak if your departure is during or right after peak. I'm going to stick with the program.
In the "winter" in bay area, I really like to get the car pre-conditioned, as the car lives outside it is getting cold and kids complaining. The problem is that actually doesn't pre-condition at the time of the departure again. i don't really care of the random one, as long as keeps the original one as well. will give it few more weeks and see if I can figure out workaround
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 08:17 PM   #51
benben19
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e G05

I’ve seen “This operation couldn’t be completed. ChargeForwardCore.NetworkRequest Error Code 5” for a week in the app now. Does anyone have the same issue?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 09:43 AM   #52
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyinp View Post
In the "winter" in bay area, I really like to get the car pre-conditioned, as the car lives outside it is getting cold and kids complaining. The problem is that actually doesn't pre-condition at the time of the departure again. i don't really care of the random one, as long as keeps the original one as well. will give it few more weeks and see if I can figure out workaround
I ended up opting-out after few weeks of messing up my departure time. maybe once they fix the app i can try again,.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 09:01 PM   #53
harrysinghca
Rep
Drives: X5 45E

Looks like there is a change in program effective immediately and we will need to sign up for a new program.

Regarding the recent comments about time shifting, I have it too but I see it happens only once a week forget whether it is Saturday or Sunday. So I reconfigure my departure time when it flips and it works well for the next week.

I had a query a few months back and after that I installed 220V, and things got much better - faster charging, less mishaps with charge forward that I now consider weekly reset of my schedule just a part of the game.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 07:41 PM   #54
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

i don't think we have to sign up for the new one right? We have to sign up to a newer part of the program.

Anyways, I'm happy with the program, I've been paid quite a bit from it already. Which reminds me to redeem my recent earnings for some gift cards.
      11-20-2023, 07:49 PM   #55
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
the first charging session after I enrolled was all jacked up. it came up with an “optimized” plan of charging, pausing, etc but during the charging interval, it wasn’t actually charging. after extrapolating the plan, I concluded my battery wouldn’t be fully charged before work the next morning, so I unenrolled
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 07:51 PM   #56
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
the first charging session after I enrolled was all jacked up. it came up with an “optimized” plan of charging, pausing, etc but during the charging interval, it wasn’t actually charging. after extrapolating the plan, I concluded my battery wouldn’t be fully charged before work the next morning, so I unenrolled
are you on a 240?
      11-20-2023, 07:57 PM   #57
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
are you on a 240?
yup, a JuiceBox 40
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 04:21 PM   #58
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

ya'll should have received an email to opt into the new California carbon credits program that allows you to continue using ChargeForward. Need to opt in by end of month.

I decided to stay in the program. It's paying pretty well.
      12-20-2023, 11:05 PM   #59
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
ya'll should have received an email to opt into the new California carbon credits program that allows you to continue using ChargeForward. Need to opt in by end of month.

I decided to stay in the program. It's paying pretty well.
Got the email but I stop using it after I couldn’t figure out how to make it charge and precondition the car before departure in the morning. Kept checking my charging and pre-conditioning plan. Super annoying
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 11:59 AM   #60
harrysinghca
Rep
Drives: X5 45E

After trying for 4 months, I finally gave up and unenrolled. The main issue was unpredictable schedule for charging. Earlier I could get by after adjusting it once a week but recently I was forced to adjust every single day and that is too much work for me because you forget one day and realize it never charged when you are about to leave. And sometimes it will schedule charge during peak times, so what are we trying to save !!

All we need is "what is the optimal time for charging" and the whole complexity of some AI sensing your next departure time was not really needed.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 11:37 PM   #61
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysinghca View Post
After trying for 4 months, I finally gave up and unenrolled. The main issue was unpredictable schedule for charging. Earlier I could get by after adjusting it once a week but recently I was forced to adjust every single day and that is too much work for me because you forget one day and realize it never charged when you are about to leave. And sometimes it will schedule charge during peak times, so what are we trying to save !!

All we need is "what is the optimal time for charging" and the whole complexity of some AI sensing your next departure time was not really needed.
i hear ya. I'm close to this level of frustration too. Last night, I plugged in at empty and saw the program scheduled charging at 1a, perfect, I thought. In the morning it only charged 25%. Checking my EVSE log, it charged for only 1 hour at 1a. Why it didn't charge for the rest of the night despite my depature set for 7a, I don' t know.

I logged in today and was about to exit, then on the website, i noticed you set your default departure time on the site. It's still not working correctly. The app constantly resets my preset departure times, and there literally is no explanation of what happened last night.
      01-11-2024, 12:02 AM   #62
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
exactly why I stop using it, it was unpredictable where the car won't be charge or pre-conditioning won't start because the app changed the departure time. Super annoying so can't be used
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 12:02 PM   #63
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

I'm looking into this, and I think it's the new BMW Carbon Dividends that is causing the unpredictability. I know the old program was a bit unpredictable but I'm not sure if ya'll saw it swing dramatically in the new year as I have. I noticed that the Carbon Dividend was new this year.

I'm going to opt out of the carbon dividend and stay in the PGE program and see if it's better
      01-16-2024, 06:26 PM   #64
JMKBMWX5e
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 Drive 45e

Quote:
I'm looking into this, and I think it's the new BMW Carbon Dividends that is causing the unpredictability. I know the old program was a bit unpredictable but I'm not sure if ya'll saw it swing dramatically in the new year as I have. I noticed that the Carbon Dividend was new this year.

I'm going to opt out of the carbon dividend and stay in the PGE program and see if it's better
I am going to probably opt out, too. Its giving me anxiety every day wondering if it charged overnight. If it was a full BEV it might not be so bad but the fact is I need it to be fully charged every morning. To wake up at 5:30 and realize it didn't charge negates any benefit of having the electric power.

Like right now, it thinks my next departure time is 2AM! When have I ever left my house at 2AM!
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4987.00
      01-16-2024, 06:55 PM   #65
aMIC
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325 XIT , X5 45e

Try to put 3 departure times (8AM, 12PM and 6PM) for every day of the week.
That will cover all overnight home charge and non-home charging
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 12:24 PM   #66
JMKBMWX5e
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 Drive 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMIC View Post
Try to put 3 departure times (8AM, 12PM and 6PM) for every day of the week.
That will cover all overnight home charge and non-home charging
I have tried this and it will over write what I put in. so annoying.
Appreciate 0