BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-22-2014, 12:14 AM   #1
VTT135
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Space Grey

A quality and well priced dent repairer???

Hi guys,

Just got my 135i 6mt in space grey and red interior, I'm so happy
You may have seen me awhile ago posting up a lot of threads about me looking into one.
Anyway the car has minor cosmetic wear that I'd like to focus on before I go under the hood. Id like a recommendation for a repairer. Someone that values there customer and understands that 600$ a panel to repair A small paint chip is over the top. What are you experiences and thoughts!? Please let me know
I will shout a bottle of johnny blue and pizza while watching the world cup finals for whoever is a champion if you know someone in the trade you can hook me up with or anyone you can refer me to would be much appreciated!
Thanks In advance

Pete
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #2
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Dont know of anyone that will do a decent repair of a stonechip without repainting the whole panel. Perhaps a good detailer will "hide it" better for you?

If you for panel repair, Mr Gloss in Moorabbin does good work that ive seen and is a BMW recommended repairer (if that means anything). They arent cheap though...

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 01:55 AM   #3
VTT135
Private
Rep

cant you just sand the part down and respray it, clear coat it and blend it?
it costs shit all doing that and u cant tell at all if its on a cornered part of the panel and if its small..?

respraying a whole panel for such a small problem is annoying me haha
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 07:14 AM   #4
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94 M3, AW 1M, M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileypete View Post
respraying a whole panel for such a small problem is annoying me haha
If it's such a small problem, my suggestion is to ignore it or touch up with paint stick.
Trust me, it won't be your last stone chip.
I still remember my first... bugged the crap out of me until the second one came along.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #5
VTT135
Private
Rep

Yes that's a very logical idea which I will be implementing. Small rock chips are not really an issue. Anything to do with lower body work is really hard to avoid from foreign objects on the road. Really my main issue is two scraps on my rear wheel gaurd, a ding in my from quater panel and the drivers door which the previous owner hit against those nasty concrete pillars in a car park. Ruined the trim on the door paint
If you know anyone that does private jobs let me know because a lot of the cost comes from deadlines, I'm in no hurry I can wait a couple of weeks for it to be fixed up.
Thanks for the feedback guys

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piets94 View Post
If it's such a small problem, my suggestion is to ignore it or touch up with paint stick.
Trust me, it won't be your last stone chip.
I still remember my first... bugged the crap out of me until the second one came along.
Appreciate 0