BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

BPM

11-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
FVM3
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i

Detailing the leather seats with this

Has anyone used this before? Does it really work as what it shows?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

First... I always use Leatherique and it works perfect ,and about Swissvax I saw dicussions on here ,and your video was also posted on here .
Now from what I know is that it removes dirt and restores the color of the leather .
But one thing I know for sure...in the video it seems that it also removes the wrinkles of the leather...and that is actualy what the video shows !
So removing the wrinkles is what I refuse to believe , and exactly that is what the video makes...Wow !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #3
Tallbino
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW 650i  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I have used the cleaner and brush on my black leather on my m3, as well as on my wife's 650. I always used to use lexol or meguiars products on previous cars, but have found the swissvax cleaner to be much more effective. I am the second owner of my m3, and could not believe how much dirt came out of the seats. i wouldn't say the wrinkles are completely gone, but it made a noticeable difference. Creases and cracks would be a different story, I don't know of any way to get rid of those without repair/replacement of the leather.
2001 Silver Audi S4 6mt K04s Vast Tune, AWE Fueling
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #4
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

I use leather armor. I use that and a microfiber towel. I would be careful using a brush unless absolutely neccessary.

I have leatherique and HATE it for my use. Its smelly, sticky and messy. Maybe if you have a super old car with cracking leather or incredibly dirty seats it may be useful. But NOT a good product for routine cleaning.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #5
JR M3
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole
I use leather armor. I use that and a microfiber towel. I would be careful using a brush unless absolutely neccessary.

I have leatherique and HATE it for my use. Its smelly, sticky and messy. Maybe if you have a super old car with cracking leather or incredibly dirty seats it may be useful. But NOT a good product for routine cleaning.
+1 not really a fan of leatherique. Hate the stickiness and smell

I've used Swissvax on several occasions and it works as shown in the video. However havn't really used SV in a while since switching to colourlock. It's the exact same product (Sv manufacturer) and its a fraction of the price. Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 12:16 AM   #6
fastmike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR M3 View Post

I've used Swissvax on several occasions and it works as shown in the video. However havn't really used SV in a while since switching to colourlock. It's the exact same product (Sv manufacturer) and its a fraction of the price. Hope this helps
Which Colourlock do you have Mild or strong? I'm looking at the web page. Where do you buy it?

http://www.colourlock.net/contents/e...r_Cleaner.html
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #7
JR M3
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR M3 View Post

Which Colourlock do you have Mild or strong? I'm looking at the web page. Where do you buy it?

http://www.colourlock.net/contents/e...r_Cleaner.html
I own both cleaners. Mild is the equivalent of the regular Sv cleaner. The strong is the same as Sv forte

My friend Dom @ www.scheerdetailing.com is the USA importer and sells it on his website as well as Amazon
Appreciate 0