BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #1
dm874
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' M4

Brake pad sensor help!!

So I replaced both the front and rear pads and also the pad wear sensors.
I Reset all the service lights regarding the brakes also.
2 weeks later, I have a red light on my dash yelling at me that the front brakes are worn to the minimum thickness and a "Lift Sign" for service.

I can't reset the red light/warning message
Given that I just changed my brakes 2 weeks ago, what do you think is wrong?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 07:54 AM   #2
dm874
Lieutenant
Rep

So in case anyone was wondering.... I took off my driver wheel and my new sensor that I installed was completely ripped off. So I went to Pepboys and got a new sensor ($16) and replaced it (zip-tied it off to the side this time). The red service light still refused to go away when I tried to reset it.

Finally, I tried this procedure and it worked.
"Turn the ignition on, engine not running.
Push and hold the button on the instrument cluster. There will be a trinagle with an exclamation point in it and the the service indicator. Release the button.
Push and release the BC button on the turn signal stalk. The display should now show Reset?
Push and hold the BC button untill the indicator resets.
You can scroll through available services with the thumb wheel on the stalk to reset any other items performed.
Turn the ignition off and on and the reset should be finished."

My only problem now is that the front pads have only been reset for 8,000 miles???
Can anyone tell me why this is?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 06:37 AM   #3
pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio

Garage List
It will start to increase as it realizes the brake pads are not worn. Alternatively, you could trick the system by removing the sensor, shorting the circuit by sticking a small wire into both holes on the car side of the sensor, start the car, turn off the car, install the actual sensor, start the car and reset the light. That should give you the 50000 or whatever reset.
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / Bilstein B8 / H&R Springs / Dinan Fixed Camber Plates / BMW 335i Front Brakes / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #4
dm874
Lieutenant
Rep

^1 yeah I actually ended up just driving it and the mileage ended up adjusting themselves
Appreciate 0