GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

01-14-2016, 06:52 AM   #1
elliott123
Rep
Drives: M4

Ipod Classic Podcast iDrive 2016 M4

Hi Guys,
I recently took delivery of my 2016 M4. I used to have a BMW M135i with the pro nav and I could see on the side menu an option for "more media" in that menu there would be options for video and also podcasts.

For some reason in this newer version there is no "more media" option to select. So I cannot access my podcasts from the iDrive system. Is there any option to code it in so I can view the more media menu.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 09:48 AM   #2
brian30tw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 delivered in Munich

I would also like to hear other's experiences with this. In my experience, if the last thing I was listening to on my phone was a podcast before plugging it into the USB port of the car, then it plays my podcasts automatically, and I can't figure out how to switch to music in the iDrive. Likewise, if the last thing I was listening to on my phone before plugging it into the car was music, it starts playing that music automatically, and I can't figure out how to switch it to podcasts in iDrive. I'm using an iPhone 6s Plus, but the same was true on my old iPhone 5.
Appreciate 0