Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

01-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #1
Sterrico
New VW CEO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Glowing endorsement for universal snap in adapter. NOT

I thought I would share what the local BMW genius sent me about the iphone 6 plus universal snap in adapter. What a glowing endorsement. NOT! LOL.

The universal snap in adapter is compatible with the iphone 6 plus but I want to be honest with you they are not always functional. Myself and the other Genius Justin who has been a Genius longer than I have had several issues with the snap in adapter interface not working properly. To be honest, installing them can be a hit or a miss, myself and the other Genius have had difficulties in the past with getting the snap in adapter work properly and I have also been notified by other Genius’s in the BMW Genius Community that there has been a problem with the built in fan over heating the cell phone and actually causing the phone to burn up. I understand if you still would like the snap in adapter for your car I just wanted to be straight forward with you and let you know of the problems it has been having before you decide to spend your money on the adapter.
2011.5 SG E90 - Loved her but totaled her.
2006 Z4M - Short but sweet stint
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 01:35 PM   #2
rebirth24
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Due to the fact that BMW doesn't know how to code properly, ALL Of the Snap-In-Adapter's and even the standards connection through iDrive is garbage. The Germans are just too stupid to figure it out I suppose. I had better integration and functionality on my Chevy Volt for crying out loud....
Appreciate 0